Our Love Is Toxic

*This is just something for you guys to read to hold you over. Just a random oneshot uve been sitting on. Currently working on a new chapter for SP. Not empire rated.*

Cookie looked out the window of her home. She knew it was only a matter of time before the cops showed up to kick down her door. She was ready for them. All the guns, and the drugs were long gone. Just like her husband, she wanted desperately to be where he was but even she didn't know. She didn't agree with his reasoning, that argument damn near had her ready to call it quits with him.

Not like she really could leave him. She loved too much. That's why she was still here waiting for the cops. He told her he had it all taken care of. What he meant by that she didn't know. He didn't tell her that shit either. Just that she needed to be strong and trust him. That he wasn't gonna leave her to fend for herself.

"Its us against the world."

That's what he said before he left. That was a week ago. No contact with him since. He warned her that they would be coming, that they would search the house. They wouldn't find a thing. They would lie and bring her in anyways. Torment her use everything they had to break her but she had to be tough. As long as she said no dumb shit they'd let her go. They had 24 hours to break her.

"Mama?" She heard, turning to face the little boy she had been raising since the beginning of her relationship with Lucious really.

"Yeah baby?" She asked, he walked over to her wrapping his arms around her burying his face into her side.

"I told you that I'm coming back." She sighed hearing a sniffle.

"What if Daddy lied? What if your going to prison?" He breathed out, she sighed playing in his hair.

"We need to trust him. He said he'd be here to get us, once this is all over." She spoke hearing the screech of tires. Looking out the window she watched cop cars appearing. Pulling him to the couch she turned on the TV.

"Jayln you go straight to Shad's." She ordered giving him a look that said now. Giving her one last hug he grabbed his backpack running out the back door. She shut and locked it watching him sneak across the yard. Cops starting to surround the house not paying attention to a random walking down the street.

Heading back into the living room she sat down just as they kicked in the door. Rushing the house, she watched officers run upstairs. Hearing every door open. Staring down a detective in a bullet proof vest he faked like he was interested in what was on TV.

"Just watched this episode with my wife last night." He spoke glancing at her, she kept quiet continuing to look at him as clear was shouted from upstairs. The detective sighed pulling out some paper from his pocket. He didn't have to tell her it was a warrant, she knew.

"Bring in the dogs." Someone barked coming inside.

"Home alone Cookie?" The detective asked sitting on her coffee table.

When she didn't answer he frowned. A few minutes passed before people started exiting. The detective getting pulled to the side, she went back to watching TV as they whisper shouted at each other. She fought her smirk, most likely they had found the secret safes opened them and came up empty. Pissed because from the dogs barking they knew where things were held.

"Are you aware that we found Marijauna in your bedroom? You're gonna have to take a trip to the station." The detective spoke sternly, she frowned. That was the lie to bring her in. So far Lucious had things down to a tee. Standing up she felt him gently grab her hands putting them behind her back. She had been arrested multiple times in her life, never before had she been treated so nicely. Being visibly pregnant had that affect she guessed.