Love And War

Vote and Comment.💙

Tilting her head back Cookie let out a long sigh. A glass of the finest red wine money could buy. Almost through a 17 thousand dollar bottle. Hell she was stressed she needed this shit. She didn't know what to do in this situation. When did she ever know what to do when it came to Lucious.

This was one of the first times in a very long time she was in the wrong. She could admit that, something scary about therapy was it forced you to be held accountable. She couldn't solely blame him for her choices because they were her choices. She made them as much as she tried to justify them.

She was still hurting from everything. That was another truth. Yes he was hurting too but that didn't make her hurt invalid. This was Lucious though he didn't care.

"Maybe we're broken."

That was his answer to her asking if they still loved eachother. That shit hurt more than anything he had said before. Well....up until he tossed out her 400 thousand didnt do shit for him. That one was up there....it was why she was sitting in the family room at 4 AM after an aimless drive till her tank was damn near on E. Her hot head ass gave the key to the house like an idiot. She half expected to be locked out but she found the door unlocked and her key in the same spot.

No sign of old salty anywhere. Not that she minded he had said enough to last a lifetime. Pouring herself another glass she hummed. She had truly thought they could mend the gaps. Hell the fighting over the room, the petty labels, the pop ups....she thought they were playing their normal game. Guess she was as wrong as wrong could get.

Getting out of the SUV Lucious scowled. How hard was it simply to watch someone. Webb needed to get back on his rocker. Cookie was god knows where emotional, never a good thing as time has showed. Heading up the steps not taking into account to check the garage. He could admit he had taken tonight's verbal sparring way too damn far. Hearing the door opening and slamming followed by grumbling Cookie closed her eyes.

Walking through the foyer he turned the light on. Pulling off his jacket and walking the few steps he noticed a figure sitting in the dark. Frowning he turned the lights on in the family room. Revealing Cookie slouched on the couch. Full glossed puffy eyes looked back at him.

"Where have you been?!" He barked out, not getting a response.

He let out a low breath glad she was safe at least. Slowly walking over her eyes silently followed. Bracing herself for more gut wrenching words to spew from those lips. Picking up the bottle of wine he felt its lightness. Shaking his head he rounded the coffee table taking a seat on the surface. His eyes boring into hers. She looked off to the side bringing her glass to her lips.

"........I lied." He admitted, rubbing the side of his face.

"About?" Cookie croaked after a while. Her voice still husky from crying.

"The money....I didn't blow through it. It did alot for Empire, I robbed and shit to get more but that was my foundation." He spoke, she didn't acknowledge his words instead sinking deeper into the couch.

"I said that shit to hurt you.....I knew it would hit deep."

"Why?" She breathed out, eyes gliding back to his.

"Because that's what I felt listening to your speech." He confessed, the jabs back and forth was them. Her speech wasn't apart of the game. Spilling shit publicly had motherfuckers who ain't know him eyeing him.

"Man...." She chided, an eye roll following. His soft features hardening in response. She downed her glass reaching for the bottle. Looking at the glass then the bottle she hummed. Setting the glass on the table she brought the bottle to her lips.