Hearts Desire

The crisp fall breeze blew the fall leaves about. A path of oranges, yellows, and reds littering the streets. Children happy and skipping along to class. It was a beautiful October day.

"Good Morning Ms.Henson!" The young girl chirped giving her a hug. Taraji smiled hugging her back.

"Hi HenHen!" A young boy grinned giving her a high five.

She greeted all 25 of her Pre-kindergarten students. Shutting the classroom door she observed them chating to eachother. A few trying to catch an early nap. Her students were 3 and 4 year olds.

"Okay, Guys get out you parent binder and put them in your cubbies. Then, were gonna take our morning startup nap." She instructed.

She watched as they obediently followed her guidance and returned to their seats laying their heads on the table, some opting to grab their mats. Dimming the lights, she collected the binders. Going through them she took out the permission slips they took home.

All but 3 were brought back. She made a note to give the patents a call to remind them if the field trip on Friday. The 15 minute alarm went off signaling that nap time was over. Slowly turning the lights back up, her students returned the mats and sat ready to learn. She stood in front of them and smiled. She loved her job.

Taraji shut the front door after entering the place she grew up in

Taraji shut the front door after entering the place she grew up in. A lovely 3 story home, with a white picket fence out front. She could smell the home cooked meal ready for her to devour.

"TT!" A girly voice squealed, Taraji turned to the left watching her 15 year old neice Shay come barreling to her. She grinned hugging.

"OMG! I have so much to talk about, Like there's this guy I like and...." Shah rushed out. Taraji smiled ready to get her cup of tea, they were interrupted by none other then Sam hiself.

"Now I know my daughter ain't in here talking about no boys. Last time I checked her boyfriends were math, science....." He spoke walking up to them with a raised eyebrow.

"English, Social Studies. Yeah dad I know." She spoke with a pout, then walked away.

"Samuel! Leave her alone." Taraji snapped swatting at her older brother. He chuckled catching her hand pulling her into a bear hug.

"Yeah Yeah, shut up Nugget." He teased ruffling her hair.

"Quit it! Your so immature." Taraji whined fixing her hair. For a guy pushing 40 he acted like he was still a teen.

"What are you doing to Nugget? Leave her be." Trinity snapped comming into the foyer.

Taraji rolled her eyes as her two older siblings bickered. She was used to it. Being the baby of the family and all. Their family generation tree branch went Sam first he was 39, then it was Trinity she's 37, and finally Taraji at 28.

Walking around them she made her way into the living room. Her father sat perched in his recliner chair reading the newspaper while she could hear her mother in the kitchen. Her nephew sat on his play mat with a toy key in his mouth. Happily babbling at nothing in particular.