Dancing With The Devil

Unedited As Fuck

This is a short story!

This is a long ass oneshot! I'm talking 13K words yall. So yall better show it some love its a cinematic masterpiece okay! So enjoy and thank I_Give_Life for her input to get it finished.

There are somethings you just didn't mix. Business and pleasure being head of the list. It wasn't a hard thing to do. In fact it was easy but the moment you cross that line there was no going back. For Loretha it was slippery slope. Being a correctional officer in the right place had its benefits. Health, Dental, the whole shabang. She made enough to splurge here and there. She was comfortable. Yes the job was dangerous but she prided herself with being able to handle it.

She wasnt a corrupt CO like some of her faculty. At one point in time she frowned on those women and some men who slept with the inmates. Then she became one of those god awful people.

But why did it feel...so good.

Living your life by the rules became so boring. Being bad felt do damn good. Allowing herself to feel was her downfall. It led her to a world she wasnt ready for. An upstanding citizen to the dark side of life. Here and now she found herself so torn. The darkness was starting to feel....like home.

What devil did she make a deal with? What lurker of the night tempted her resolve?

An inmate by the name of Lucious Lyon.

The root of her great awakening. She would have never guessed that her new inmate for cellblock D would bring her there. Just a short year ago she was doing her job well. She remembered that fateful day well. The crisp autumn wind blowing. Standing at the end of the long process new inmates had to go through to get here. As freshly dressed and checked men came up to her she handed out pillows and blankets. Then by last name directed them to a line. The jingle of shackles irritatingly loud.

"Name." She asked pleasantly, not looking up from her clipboard.

"Lucious Lyon." A deep voice grumbled. Marking the name with a check she turned grabbing the materials.

"Here you are Lyon. Line 6." She voiced with a smile looking up.

Her breath faltered looking at the man. She had seen plenty faces over the years but never one as untouched and fine as this one. His eyes a bright hazel green that gave her the feeling of a snake luring prey. One wrong move and they'd strike but you'd be to entranced to notice. Her soft smile seemed to rub him the wrong way. He glared at her slowly grabbing the items.

"Which ones six?" He snapped.

"The one with the 6." She snapped back pointing. His glare intensified and she stood straighter.

"We going to have an issue inmate?" She questioned ready to push the button. Relinquishing his glare he walked to the line.

"Name?" She questioned back to her chipper self. Today was a fairly large haul. 32 new inmates to the couple thousand they had here. Getting assigned lines by the warden she grabbed line 6 files. Stopping in front of her line she cleared her throat.

"I'm CO Holloway, that's CO Mathus, and CO Gram. We want to get you guys settled before dinner. I'm sure you're hungry, in order for us to do that we need things to go smoothly. Follow me please." She voiced leading them on a short premapped out tour. Then down to their respective blocks. It was just her luck to get two new inmates, one being Mr.Snake eyes. Leading him last to his new cell.