Dont Mix Business & Pleasure

Hey Y'all!
I know it's been a minute. I wanted to drop this and give Y'all something to read. I'm going through writers block at the moment. It's got me in a chokehold.
So be patient with ya girl as I try and work through it and get back to updating regularly.
Love yall🥰

Vote and Comment 😝

June 2004 

Taraji called her nerves as she stared at the studio where they would be filming soon. It took so damn long to get to this point. Craig, Stephanie, and John fought tooth and nail to get this damn movie. They knew a hit when they had it. Everyone wanted to bitch up and be cheap. Like there wasn't real pimps in life. You could make a movie about drug dealing but not pimping hoes? The industry was so damn stupid. They were here though, and she was ready to put on her A game. She just hoped everyone else did too. 

She met quite a few of her cast mates last year during audition. There was no in She didn't see herself getting along with. For the most part everyone had a good head on their shoulder. She was excited to make this movie. This character was different than what she was used to. Quiet and soft tempered but a loving heart of gold. Shug was dynamic in her silence though. Something that was pointed out during her chemistry test with her costar Terrence. She wasn't expecting such deep words to come out of that pretty boy. 

He was just giving an overview of characters. Explaining his thoughts and reads. He said Shug was the true glue of DJays household. She loved everyone in that house regardless of how they treated her. She was truly a dynamic character aside from DJay. She had to admit it shocked her. Mr colored eyes was surprisingly poetic. She grabbed her script and purse, locking her car as she headed to the building. Double checking her bag not paying attention to her surroundings. Her foot catching a deep crack in the parking lot. A yelp leaving her as she prepared to crash face first into asphalt. 

"Woah girl, be careful." Met her ears as arms effortlessly caught her. A smooth cologne wrapping around her. She let out a breath of relief. Getting her bearings she looked up to her unexpected savior. Breath catching like the first time she looked into those Hazel greens. He flashed her his signature smirk, and her eyes narrowed. So damn cocky, she forgot about that shit. 

"Thank you......" She spoke, acting as if she was searching for his name. He cut his eyes at her in return. 

"Terrence. Terrence Howard, your co-star." He filled in, she blinked making an oh face. 

"Oh sorry right. Terrence, thank you." She smiled, stepping back and continuing to the building. She heard him fall into line next to her. 

"You really didn't remember my name?" 

"It just slipped my mind. You know how acting goes. It's a busy businesses." She spoke, down playing their past meeting. She had truly never felt a charge between her cast mate before. They didn't know each other from a can of paint. Yet she could feel his energy challenging yet to meet his intensity. He took his craft to the utmost serious degree. Just like she did and she aired that. 

"Damn, and here I thought we would be best friends." He joked, she cracked a smile glancing at him. 

"Gotta leave a lasting impression on me to remember your name." She shrugged, as he stopped her to open the door like a gentleman. 

"I couldn't agree with that statement more.....Taraji." He spoke, as she walked through the open door. 

She fought her blush at the words between the lines. Something about her left a mark on him. He eyed her figure from behind like he had been doing in the parking lot. Before he noticed she wasn't paying attention. She was a short thing. He was sure he had a near foot on her ass. She had gentle curves, nothing too crazy. No double decker ass on her, but hers was bubbly and poked out. Like hey....I got something here. She was for damn sure attractive and that was putting it lightly. There was just something about her. Maybe it was that mouth. Never giving him an inkling that she found him attractive. How could you not though? He was a damn heart throb.