❹❶

★★★

★★★

"Later" came faster than I had hoped. A part of me was afraid of talking to JJ about this fight we were in the middle of, but another part of me was ready to work through everything.

I didn't like when we fought, but something inside of me liked when he got a little angry.

Not too angry, obviously, but a little angry.

Aggression in moderation is fun sometimes.

Anyway, now I was just looking forward to seeing what the fuck his problem was the other night. There was no way I was in the wrong here, was I? I was just curious about a past relationship, but maybe I pried too much?

Night was fully here and Teddy had shut himself in John B.'s old room before we could talk to him more. Not that I wanted to, but I was very sure that he hadn't just randomly showed up here at this exact time by coincidence.

I was theorizing again, and maybe I needed to leave it alone, but it was very suspicious.

I walked into JJ's and my room and made my way to my side of the bed. JJ was already there, laying on his side on his phone, and I did my normal routine before getting in bed too.

As I sat and JJ felt the bed dip slightly, he sat up.

"I hurt her. Really badly," He said suddenly.

My eyes widened a bit as I locked eyes with him, trying to figure out what he meant. He didn't... hit her, did he? I prayed he never laid a hand on a girl while he dated her, but I had a bad feeling.

"You hurt her?" I asked, and he seemed to catch what I meant. "Oh, no! No, not like that... shit, I didn't mean for it to sound like that," He corrected himself quickly.

"Oh good, I didn't think you were the type to do that, but I wanted to make sure," I said.

"I did date her for a while. In secret though. John B. and Pope don't know, they just thought we were- you know..."

"Yeah, I got it," I nodded, not wanting to hear the details of JJ's former sex life.

"I dated her for two months, but I did something really shitty and it messed with her," JJ continued.

"What did you do?" I asked, growing worried. I didn't know what to expect from JJ, I honestly just hoped he wasn't going to say something awful.

"I hooked up with her best friend and she obviously found out and got really upset, but the thing is... I told her I would change, that I wouldn't do shit like that again, but I did. I did the same thing. I never changed, and now-"

"Now you called her crazy instead of just telling me the truth in the first place."

"I know- I just..."