❸❶

★★★

★★★

We had to get Sarah or all bets were off.

Sarah Cameron, the Kook princess, was now our only chance of clearing John B.'s name. she would be the only one who could help us, and I never thought I'd say that. 

It had been a psychotic two days, though, so I let the insanity of my inner thoughts disperse for the time being. 

Kie and I knew this was an incredibly risky plan, sure, but it was either this or let John B. get arrested for something he didn't do. 

I didn't see a whole lot of gray area there. 

It was pretty clear what the best choice was. 

We drove to Tannyhill and found ourselves just outside of the stone wall that protected and guarded its residents. 

Rose had a fucking stone wall and a huge-ass house. I almost laughed at the situation as I climbed over it with Kie. 

"Sarah's the only one who can clear John B.," She said as JJ questioned whether or not this was a good idea. 

"This is the last place they'll look because of how stupid it is," JJ remarked, and I pondered punching him so he'd be quiet. 

"JJ now is really not the time for a reality check. We're doing everything we can to help our friends, deal with it," I settled for, peacefully demanding he shut up. 

"Stevie, stay on lookout with JJ. I got this. Perfectly focused," Pope muttered, reminding me once again that he was high as a kite and probably was going to fuck this whole plan up. 

"Did we really-" I started, dumbfounded at the idea we really gave Pope weed. 

"I don't know," JJ said with a shrug and a sigh. 

"In retrospect, this wasn't a very ace plan for Pope," I sighed, running my hands through my hair as I leaned against the stone wall. 

"No, it was not," JJ said, twisting his rings anxiously. 

My back slid down the wall as I sat down, my legs already tired of standing and doing nothing. JJ sat next to me, his knees up and his rings still being twisted. 

Twist, twist, twist. 

Twisting the rings began to make me a little agitated and anxious as well, all I could do was focus on them as we realized that this idea was more than just risky, it was borderline idiotic.

"J, please. Enough with the fucking rings," I said, biting my lip nervously as my leg began to bounce. 

He stopped but continued to look at them. 

He reached for his left hand and took off a big-ish silver ring, playing with it for a second before extending his arm to give it to me. 

I didn't say anything, I just looked up at him in confusion and awe as I analyzed the sentiment of the gift.