❶❹

★★★

★★★

We found the Royal Merchant. We actually found the fucking Royal Merchant. People have spent years, their whole lives, trying to find this ship and a bunch of idiots found it. Now we had to find the gold, which was a whole other problem.

We found the ship with the equipment we took from the scrapyard and before a storm rolled in, we saw the Royal Merchant on the monitor. Everyone freaked out, obviously, and we looked for the gold, but it wasn't there.

How could the gold not be there? And if it wasn't there, where was it? So many questions, so little time. As JJ, Pope, John B., and I headed back to the house and Pope and JJ planned on going home, I saw something through the window.

A police officer and some lady were inside. I didn't know who they were, but I knew well enough to not go inside. "John B.!" I hissed, trying to get his attention, but he didn't hear me, going inside. "Shit, what do we do?" I asked, but Pope just shook his head.

"Nope, we're leaving right now. Scholarship," He said, getting in the van, and before I could protest, JJ dragged me by the arm into the van as well. "What the hell? What about no Pogue left behind?" I asked, and JJ shook his head.

"He's basically an orphan, that doesn't apply when DCS is at your door ready to bring you into a 'loving home', John B. will find his way outta this one, he has before," JJ explained and I huffed, crossing my arms. I wasn't going to win this one, I knew that, but I felt bad for leaving my friend.

I knew he wouldn't grass, but for some reason, I was worried someone would find out about me living at the Chateau as well. I tried not to freak myself out, but as we drove away, I continued to worry. "Hey, relax, you have nothing to worry about. They're there for John B., not you," JJ said, realizing why I was on edge.

"I can't help it. I'm a stressed person by nature," I said with a light chuckle, trying to lift my spirits. "He'll get out of it, he always does," Pope assured me from the driver's seat. "Okay," I said, trusting the two boys.

We pulled up to the Wreck and went inside, finding Kiara and ordering some fries. She brought them out, sitting with us on her break and we all got to talking. We filled her in on what had happened to John B., and naturally, she was worried too. "Where are they taking him?" She asked frantically, and we all shrugged hopelessly.

"We know him, he can get out of anything," JJ said, and I took another fry from the plate. "Hey, Kie, where's the ketchup?" I asked, and she pointed to the counter. "Just go behind the counter and grab some, my dad won't care," She said, and I nodded. I got up, walking towards where she said the ketchup was, and I saw something I didn't expect.

A blonde figure in a boat speeding by. It almost looked like my mom, but I knew that was impossible. Well, it would've been impossible if Helen didn't fuck up and say my parents were possibly alive. I knew I was just on high alert ever since she said that, so I brushed it off, but couldn't help the lingering thought.