Chapter 21

"3...2...1...Go!"

Adrien rushed forward on command and slashed his sword with his opponent. His opponent dodged his attack swiftfully with a turn of her body. Adrien fell forward as his sword flew through empty space. He caught himself and turned toward her. He raised his sword and went for one of the most basic moves.

He swung underneath but she only jumped over the swing. She landed and thrusted her sword forward directly towards Adrien. He leaned back dodging the attack, and straightened once the sword was out of sight.

He took a deep breath and charged again. Instead of simply dodging, his opponent moved her sword up in defence clashing metal. She rolled the two swords in a large circle making Adrien lose his balance. He fell to the floor then was shortly met by a sword lightly touching his shoulder. Adrien groaned and sat up.

The girl laughed and took of her helmet,"That was too easy Adrien!" She held out an arm to him. He graciously took it and stood up.

He gave her a small smile and nodded his head. He grabbed his sword soberly and packed it into his bag silently. He started to walk away towards the locker room when she grabbed his arm and forced him to look at her in the eyes.

"What's wrong Adrien? You haven't been doing your best for days now. Something is bothering you, I can tell," she said looking for an answer.

Adrien shrugged his shoulders,"Its nothing Kagami. I guess I have lost my touch this week." He made the move to walk again only for her grip to tighten around his arm.

Adrien sighed and turned towards Kagami,"Look, I'm sorry its just been a really hard week."

Kagami looked around the room and leaned towards his ear and whispered,"Is this about Marinette?"

Adrien froze instantly. He pulled away and shifted his gaze to a place rather than Kagami.

But she already knew. Everything in his reaction gave her the answer that she needed.

She released Adrien and put her hand down to her side. "Marinette has always been a good friend to me. I can't imagine what happened to make you feel this way."

Adrien glanced at Kagami out of the corner of his eyes. He frowned and shook his head begrudgingly,"I need to talk to my father."

"And how many times have you done that?" Kagami asked suddenly with a slightly raised voice.

Adrien stopped and turned around quickly. He stared at Kagami with as much hurt in his eyes. His silence gave Kagami the answer to her question.

Kagami walked slowly while saying,"Have you ever thought about just letting her go - "

"You don't understand!" Adrien paused and rubbed his chin where he hasn't shaved in a few days, "I will never be able to let her go. I can't," Adrien bursted making Kagami jump back in surprise. Adrien shook his head apologetically, "I'm sorry."

Now Kagami shook her head and held out her hands cautiously,"Your fine."

The silence that fell between them was empty. The only sound that could be heard was Adrien's shuffling and Kagami's quickened breath.

Adrien clenched his teeth and threw his hand into his ruffled hair. He felt terrible yelling like that to Kagami, so terrible. He has never acted like that to anyone except his father until now. And to Kagami no less.

He turned toward her and was going to say something when she opened her mouth first.

"Adrien, I don't know how your feeling right now but all I know is your not alone in this. I'm here if you need me." She walked forward gently again and placed her hand on his shoulder for reassurance.