Chapter 25

"Do you take Nino Lahiffe as your lawfully wedded husband?"

Alya's smile creeped up as she spoke, " I do." 

"And do you Nino take Alya Cesaire as your wedded wife?"

Nino held back his tears as he gripped her hands, "Yes, yes I do!"

As they looked at each other, Nino and Alya laughed with realization that this was really happening. 

The priest continued, "So with the power invested in me, I now declare you husband and wife! You may now kiss your bride."

Nino looked into Alya's eyes with tenderness. They leaned together and put their foreheads together. 

Marinette watched them and almost cried herself. It was so beautiful. As she was wiping away her tears, the church filled with cheers and clapping as her best friends pulled apart. Confetti flew over the banisters above them, making it look like it was snowing small flakes. 

Everyone stood up as Nino grabbed Alya's hand and walked her down the stairs and through the rows of people. With smiling faces people congratulated them and gave them their best wishes. Marinette and Adrien followed right behind them with the other bridesmaids and best mans trailing them. 

______--------*****--------_______

The party afterward was just as amazing as the wedding itself. It was an outside venue, protected by a large barrier of newly bloomed trees. Stringed lights hung in waves above the concrete dance floor, and a table lined with delicious treats was decorated with red and orange flowers. Tables surrounded the area randomly, making gathering places for people to eat their treats and cake. Tiny kids ranging from four to twelve ran around the grassy area, falling, laughing, and smiling as their parents watched them from afar. Groups of adults clustered together, sharing news about upcoming events, lifetime achievements, and of course; wishing the happy couple a great new life. 

Marinette stood over a table, chewing on some raspberry macaroons. She watched all her friends couple up with their significant others, celebrating together with a glass of apple juice. Marinette actually enjoyed being alone, it gave her time to think about her thoughts. Enjoy life, really. 

She smiled as she watched some kids hoarding the treat table, grabbing everything they could see. Lemon bars, brownies, popcorn, donuts, everything. Marinette chuckled as she took a sip of her own apple juice.

"Marinette!" I tiny voice squealed toward her direction. 

Marinette turned toward her name and was immediately toppled by Manon. She grappled her in a tight hug, almost letting all the air in Marinette's chest escape. Manon had gotten so big!

Her mom quickly followed her laughing, "She was determined to say hi!"

With as much air as she could grasp, Marinette laughed. "I'm glad!"

Manon let her go and looked into her deep eyes, "Your so lonely."

There she goes, being completely blunt and honest. Marinette leaned down more to her level.  

"I wouldn't say I'm lonely, just enjoying the beautiful weather."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Manon asked. 

Marinette laughed, "Sure. How about you go get some treats, I hear they are really good!" Marinette smiled and turned Manon towards the table. 

With pleading eyes, Manon looked at her mother. She nodded her head and within a second, Manon ran off. Manon's mother nodded to Marinette and said bye as she joined her daughter in line for the desserts.