Chapter 9

"For your project in this Unit we are in design. You can choose one partner to work with, or you can do it by yourself. You will have 5 days from today to work and complete your project. This is worth a good portion of your grade, so show me some good work students. Come grab a packet explaining what I will be looking for in your project." Mr. Anderson grabbed a big stack of papers and threw them out on the table. Marinette stood up from her desk and went over to the table. She put her hand on the pile when another hand got there at the same time.

"I'm sorry! You can have that one," she said taking her hand off the paper quickly and looked up. He had brown short hair, with blue eye's and wore a black and white striped t-shirt with green pants. He smiled and moved his hand away.

"No please, you take it," He replied.

"Okay."

Marinette took her packet and sat down in her seat. The young man followed close behind before sitting down next to her. 

"So what's your name?" He asked.

"I'm Marinette, what's yours?" Marinette smiled kindly.

"Doesn't matter, but I was wondering if you wanted to work with me? I don't have any friends in this class, and you seem to be really nice," he said abruptly. Marinette leaned back in her chair wondering why he didn't want to share his name. 

She shook off the thought and nodded her head.

"Sure, that would be fine!" Marinette said moving her backpack around her. Pulling out her notebook, she put her pencil in her mouth facing her new friend. 

His blue eye's seemed to glow brighter.

"So I was thinking that we could do a dress. What about - a- oh I don't know, green?" He suggested, while Marinette tried to imagine what even a dress like that would even look like. "You know, since people don't really see green dresses very often. It would make our project stick out from all the others!" He exclaimed loudly, Marinette quickly hushed him before the teacher came for them. 

He smiled again causing chills down Marinette's spine. 

"I was thinking the dress could look more like this..." she said slowly as she started sketching her idea. Her pencil grazed across the page gracefully as lines started to form together to make a beautiful design. He looked over her shoulder as she focused.

After just a few seconds her design was finished, and he was absolutely taken away. 

His mouth dropped open as he sat back down in his seat. "That's absolutely amazing Marinette! How did you learn to come up with these?" Marinette felt warm on the inside, no one actually complimented her on her work , like ever. 

Marinette hesitated her response, "Why - a- thank you. I've been doing this for a few years now, ever since in was in middle school." Still flustered by his comment, Marinette leaned forward toward him. "Lets not just take my drawing, lets see what you can come up with!" She smiled again as he became flustered himself. 

"Ok, uh. Do you mind if I borrow that?" He asked  as he pointed at her notebook. Marinette smiled again and handed him the notebook. 

His drawing wasn't quite as graceful as the pencil hit the paper. However, after a few more minutes than Marinette he finally handed his drawing.