Chapter 5

Marinette's mind couldn't stop racing.

'What happened last night? Why did that happen? Was it all a dream?'

These questions filled her mind, keeping her awake all night long. She didn't realize how early it was until her alarm clock went off.

With the high ringing sound echoing off every wall, Marinette sat up and looked at the clock. She sighed, realizing it was time to get moving on with the day.

Plopping back on her bed again, she didn't want to get back up. Tucking her arms to her sides, she slowly tossed and turned trying to get into that comfortable spot again. Rolling more to the left, then more. 

Then she fell off the bed, and landed on the ground.

"Marinette? Are you okay up there?" Sabine asked, calling up the stairs.

Marinette groaned, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me!" She yelled back. 

Sitting up now, Marinette rubbed her back constantly trying to ease the pain of falling on the floor. Putting her feet underneath her, she pulled herself up slowly holding on to the side of her bed. 

A bright red bug flew out from her closet. "Marinette? What's going on out here?" A little voice asked.

"Sorry Tikki, just fell off the bed again," she replied sleepily before rubbing her eyes. "Hey Tikki, what are we doing today?"

"I don't think we have anything other than school today, its a pretty empty day," Tikki said. Marinette nodded slowly then walked over to her closet and opened the door. 

Clothes lined the closet, shirts on the top with pants on the bottom. On the right side was all of her brightly colored dresses, with stacks of pajamas right at the bottom next to the pants. 

With her hand, she reached out into her closet and closed her eyes. She brushed her hand across her shirts, then randomly chose a shirt. She did the same thing with her pants, doing the same brushing motion. 

After choosing her outfit for the day, she opened her eyes and walked over to the mirror. With one hand she held up her shirt to her chest, and used the other hand to hold up the pants. 

The shirt was light pink, long sleeve,  with white horizontal stripes that varied in size. Her pants were long, with the color being a light grey denim. On the bottom of the pants was some embroidered flowers using a darker thread to make it pop out. 

"What do you think Tikki?" Marinette looked to her little friend. She nodded her head enthusiastically, with huge smile on her face.

Marinette smiled back and immediately ran into the bathroom.

While she was changing, Tikki flew over to the window and watched people walking on the street. She suddenly put her hands on the glass, and looked far down the street. She couldn't help but smile when see saw the tiniest little puppy out on his walk.

She shrieked quietly, and quickly calmed herself. Except for her smile.

Her smile spread across her face, her mouth slightly open. She quickly scanned the rest of Paris in hopes that there would be another. Sadly, it was just that one puppy right in front of her. 

But that didn't matter, that puppy was just so dang cute.

"What are you so happy about?" Marinette laughed eyeing her friend at the window.

Startled, Tikki flew back instantly until she could see her owners face.

"Oh it was nothing, I was just happy to see so many uh, happy people?" Tikki said quickly. Marinette laughed again, and joined her at the window.