Chapter 10

Alya grabbed her hair in frustration while grunting into a pillow on the couch.

Why do wedding plans have to be so difficult?

Her head shifted slightly till she was looking at the huge binder on her coffee table. She opened it up hours ago hoping to get more stuff planned. All she was getting at was staring at her previous plans, and praying that something else would happening. 

She so wished Nino was beside her helping. 

She also longed for the warmth he gave her just by sitting next to her, being smothered when she made a bad joke, or even the laughter that he makes when he's tense. However, he couldn't be here because he was a DJ at a party tonight. 

Alya was going to scream, but found her inner calm by taking some deep breaths. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. 

She sat up from her laying position onto her forearms as she continually stared at the binder. She felt as though it was taunting her.

Sitting up completely with her back against the couch, she grabbed the binder and started to look through it again. The first three pages consisted of the venue, where she pasted multiple pictures of the place their reception will be held, the table cloths, tables, lights, chairs, silverware, plates, napkins, etc. Nothing looked out of place unfortunately.

She sighed again as she turned to the next section. Then the next, then the next until she was at the end. 

Something felt off as she closed it again. Everything looked planned, prepared, and completely organized.  

Or maybe she was just overthinking it and needed a distraction. Yes, that's what she needed.

Tired from sitting on the couch for the last few hours, she stood up and stretched her arms over her head. Switching to the other side, she could feel her muscles aching as she pulled her arms back. Putting her arms behind her on her back, she leaned back into her own touch and heard her back pop a few times up. Leaning forward again, she walked around her coffee table and toward her kitchen. She stopped by her fridge and picked up and apple and orange and leaned up against her counter.

Alya has had a place of her own for sometime now, but it was still weird not to have her younger twin siblings running around the place. Even though they are practically teenagers, they still acted like children.

Alya searched her brain for any idea of a distraction to distract herself with. After a few minutes of contemplating, she decided to call her best friend.

She pulled out her phone out of her back pocket. Turning it on, then unlocking it, she swiped up and dialed Marinette's number. 

She held her phone up to her ear as it started to ring. 

Ring Ring Ring Ring 

Marinette's small voice came up.

"Hi! You've reached Marinette's phone, sorry I couldn't get to you in time, or I mean you couldn't get me in time.." Her voice paused for a brief second, " I'm probably off somewhere so it's probably best you call again later! Bye!"

Alya remembered that day they made that together. To be young again.

Suddenly she felt the urge to go on a walk outside. To be outside in the fresh air before winter came along and made everything freezing cold. She straightened herself and walked over to put some shoes on. 

Slipping her tennis shoes on and lacing them up, she grabbed her orange jacket off the wall. She opened the door and felt the cool breeze hit her face. She smiled as she stepped out and closed the door.