Chapter 12 (special)

Tomorrow was Halloween, and Marinette didn't even have a costume. 

Maybe I could be an inflatable unicorn? What about a sumo wrestler? 

Marinette crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it on the floor.  The floor was covered in at least hundreds of design sketches. It would be nearly impossible not to step on one when you wanted to leave. 

"Something will come to you I'm sure!" Tikki exclaimed hugging her cheek. 

"I'm sure sometime it will," Marinette put her hand on Tikki returning the hug. Marinette always thought it was always was weird to hug a small creature. They released the hug, while Marinette had the idea of working on her project, pulling out the green fabric Kevin gave to her. She was almost done with the project, where just a few things needed to be stitched here and there. Grabbing needles, a pair of scissors, and an extra needle she started to finish it up. Just in case. 

In just a few minutes, the bodice and skirt was pinned together and ready to be sewn. It only took a few more seconds for the complete product to appear, which made Marinette satisfied. 

It would have to do I suppose, now I just need to drop it off at Kevin's and he can turn it in. 

She looked at her watch, and decided to go on a nice walk outside. She folded up the dress into a nice box and put it in a plastic bag before heading down the stairs. Sabine looked up at her with a distressed look. 

"Hey Marinette, could you get the cookies out of the oven?" She asked, looking over her shoulder. 

"Of course mom!" Marinette exclaimed grabbing some oven mitts before opening the oven. The whiff of the sweet cookie smell came out of the oven. "These smell so good!" Marinette started, "They look like a sugar cookies, what's the occasion?" Marinette set the cookie tray on the oven top and took of the mitts. 

"I was thinking that you could invite some friends over and decorate some Halloween cookies, and watch a movie or something." Sabine turned off the water and reached for the towel. Marinette resisted the urge to hug her mother.

"That sounds amazing mom! I can definitely see if Alya, Nino, and Adrien are available." 

Sabine nodded her head in approval, "Just tell me if they can and I can get the house ready. Oh and I wanted to ask if you were still considering moving out?" 

Marinette grabbed a cookie of the tray and stuffed it in her mouth. "I'm still thinking about it," Marinette said sloppily.  

"Okay, well when you decide make sure to tell me and your dad," Sabine said, looking at Marinette with disappointment as she ate a cookie. Marinette mouthed that she was sorry as she grabbed the box walked out of the kitchen. Walking down the stairs, she passed the bakery and could see her dad working effortlessly at the new deserts and treats. She smiled as she grabbed her jacket and walked outside. Her mind continued to flow with ideas for a costume.

What about a skittle? Spider? I couldn't be Ladybug, that might expose my identity. I guess I could be a different superhero, like Rena, or Queen Bee. That's something I could put on my list. 

Mentally, she added those ideas to her long list. Taking a shortcut through the park, she continued to think tirelessly for anything at least interesting.  

"EeeeK!!" 

Startled, Marinette looked around nervously as she thought something terrible was taking place.

She only walked a few steps before noticing a big group of girls and cameramen. Camera's were flashing, and the girls were screaming on the top of their lungs. Marinette came to the conclusion that's where that unexplained noise came from.