Ice Skating | Chpt 76

Hello there friends

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"And so, by studying different villains' quirks, you can get a handle of how villains work as a whole," Aizawa-sensei said, gesturing to the board. "Most villains copy the style of others, like we saw with Stain and his followers. So using past experience against them is an advantage we have. For homework take a villain to study and write a small analysis of them."

I had finally slept alone last night. When Kacchan was finally recovered he insisted he had to call his mother and do his homework, which I knew were both not true. He avoided calling his mom most of the time and he always did his homework the day he received it. He would never have any to do on Sunday. I had never seen Kacchan with tears in his eyes like that and I had never watched the gradual flush of red splotches under his nose. I glanced up from my paper, my pencil still poised in my hand. Kacchan was seated in his chair scratching things down in his notebook. He looked completely fine, which was the part that hurt me the most. I knew he was hurting for some reason and he was so familiar with the feeling that he could hide it so well. It pained me, too, to know he still wouldn't tell me after I had seen him. He still didn't trust me as much as I did him.

I turned back to my notebook as Aizawa-sensei continued to talk. He was explaining the assignment, his words filtering through my brain and onto my paper. I placed my chin in my hand.

"And so I expect them on my desk by Wednesday. That gives you today and tomorrow to do them," he said. On cue, the bell rang and he just nodded to dismiss the class. I hurried to pack up my things, watching Kacchan closely so that I could catch up to him. When I saw him leaving without me, I nearly whipped my bag into Hagakure.

"Sorry!"

"That's okay, you just missed me," she called. I glanced back and hurried after Kacchan.

"Ah (y/n), Bakugo, a moment," Aizawa sensei called. Score for me. The classroom emptied and he gestured to the desks. I leaned against one, looking towards Kacchan. He was awaiting what Aizawa had to say rather than looking at me. "I received a call from detective Tsukauchi."

"Oh right," I said.

"He said that they have a lead on a girl from your middle school and upon looking at the person who attacked you at school, he's around the same age as her and you 2. So, it's not unlikely that they would know each other and work together. Unfortunately the police are still unable to identify who the boy is," Aizawa-sensei explained. "They're trying to find the girl."

"What's her name?" Kacchan asked and Aizawa glanced his way.

"Chouka...I don't remember the last name. Know of her?" Kacchan just nodded. "Told Tsukauchi about her, they must've found more of a lead." He fell silent again. He had neglected to tell me that he had finally mentioned her to detective Tsukauchi.

"Yes, and (y/n)?" Aizawa addressed me fully now. "Tsukauchi told me to tell you that the report was 6 years after."

"Oh...yeah I asked my aunt," I said.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah...turns out I don't remember my father leaving and coming back all throughout ages 3 to 6 because of trauma so my mom just told me 3," I said. Aizawa's face was heavy with confusion and concern. Kacchan had finally looked my direction, but I kept my gaze towards Aizawa. I never had the chance to talk to Kacchan about Ai last night, so this was all new information to him. "I—uh, I'm alright."

"You've spoken to the counselor?"

"Yeah, I'm probably going again soon. Maybe you should come with and talk about class," I said and he seemed surprised.