The Counselor | Chpt 71

Hey kids

I see tons of comments about Kaminari, so if you haven't already, you can check out Loud Blondes on my page if you want. It's a Kaminari x reader.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Well that wasn't much," I said, tugging my phone from my purse. Izuku and I passed by an empty nurses station. I noted that there was a vase of flowers next to the name tag station. Makoto's was still up and would probably make its way to his family. I sighed.

"It really wasn't."

"You'd think with however many years they were married, she'd have a little bit more," I said. "She didn't even get into the part about me disliking him since I was like, born. You'd think that would be important, but I hate to make my mom uncomfortable."

"You'd think," Izuku repeated. I was going to ask him what was up, I saw the massive amount of calls from Mina.

"Oh my—look," I said, showing Izuku the phone. He stared at it and then back up at me.

"How come she didn't leave a voicemail?"

"I don't know," I sighed, clicking the call back option as we dropped off our lanyards. I placed it to my ear, letting it ring. "I hope nothings wrong with Sero—Mina!"

"Oh hey! (Y/n)."

"How come you called me a billion times? Is there an emergency? What's happening?"

"No, no, I just butt dialed you a bunch! How crazy? Right?" She said and I glanced at Izuku, though he couldn't hear Mina's side of the conversation.

"So nothing's wrong with Sero?" I asked.

"Nope! Right babe?" She said.

"Uh, what?" Sero asked.

"You're fine!"

"Thanks?" He replied and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You really but dialed me all those times?" I ensured and there was a brief silence on the other end of the line.

"Yes."

"Uh, okay Mina. Just making sure you're alright," I replied.

"Yeah I hope you're doing alright too," she said.

"It wasn't bad with my mom, you don't need to worry about that," I said.

"Right, your mom," she commented.

"You know what I'll see you later, right?" I asked and she hummed in agreement. "Cool, love you Mina."

"Love you too," she said, her voice squeaking slightly before hanging up. It was obvious that something was up with her, but not something too immediately dangerous.

"She's hiding something," I commented, shutting off my phone.

"Sure," Izuku said. I glanced at him.

"Now what are you keeping from me?" I asked and he glanced my way.

"When you stalled talking about your dad, you weren't serious right?" He asked.

"What do you mean? Serious as in wanting to ask Kacchan out?" I asked. He nodded. "Sorry Zuku, I already tried that once."

"I just don't...want you to pursue that anymore." I raised an eyebrow at him. His hand ran up the nape of his own neck, fingers parting his hair. "I don't think it's right for you to be with Kacchan."

"You think that me and Kacchan being together is not 'right'?" I reiterated, making sure I knew exactly what he was saying. "Why?"

"I mean...I've known Kacchan for as long as you, longer actually. I couldn't even manage to make a friend out of him and—"