Stay Away | Chpt 32

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I felt myself dozing off on my hand during class that Monday morning. I had spent all Sunday night with Izuku and Shoto per their request. I was hesitant to accept, seeing as I wanted them to hang out on their own. Izuku, however, was insistent on my appearance so he wouldn't have to be alone with Todoroki. He had spent most of the evening by my side and I could tell Todoroki's obliviousness was unfortunately getting to him.

"And with that! Class is dismissed!" Present Mic called. There was a rustle and a chatter as everyone stood and began to pack up their stuff. I, caught up in thought and exhaustion, missed the dismissal entirely and began to attract the attention of my classmates. "Sorry to interrupt your nap time kiddo."

I heard an ungodly loud screech and I scrambled out of my desk, falling straight to the floor in a result. I had knocked over just about everything on top of my desk to either the floor or my legs, a sharp ringing in my ear.

"Sorry. It was funny though," Present Mic said and I pouted slightly. "Try to not fall asleep next time." Last time I do that in class. I started to pack away my stuff, glancing over at Todoroki who had stooped to help me pick up my things. Thank goodness for Mic, if it had been Aizawa I would be facing detention—despite the fact he slept in class all the time.

"Thanks," I replied, tugging my bag over my shoulder.

"I feel slightly responsible, considering it was Midoriya and I that kept you up," he admitted and I shrugged him off.

"Eh whatever," I replied before he placed a hand on my arm to stop me.

"May I speak with you about something?" He asked suddenly and I nodded, assuming his side as we walked. "You know Midoriya well correct?"

"I'd like to think so, I've known him since we were...5?" I said and he nodded. "What about it?"

"Has he ever been mad at you?"

"Uhm, a few times yeah," I replied.

"And what does that entail?" He continued and I frowned slightly at the question.

"Why are you asking? Do you think he's mad at you or something?" I asked and he paused.

"Well, I'm not very skilled at reading these sorts of signs, but he hasn't talked to me directly very often and he doesn't quite like the be alone with me," he said and I felt my stomach drop. I wanted so bad to give Todoroki the obvious hint he needed, but I knew Izuku would actually kill me.

"I can ask?"

"No, no," he said, shaking his head and I bit my lip.

"Well if you want him to be around more...just tell him," I said, holding out an arm to stop his stroll beside me. "Izuku is very understanding and if you tell him that he means something to you then I'm sure he'd be happy. That way he can trust you to tell you what seems to be on his mind."

"Thank you, that was very helpful," he said and I nodded him off. I headed towards my locker before Aizawa's class jiggling the faulty lock before putting in my combo. I knew both Izuku and Shoto pretty well and I knew for sure that this wasn't going to happen how I hoped, but at least I was introducing Shoto to the idea of feeling something for Izuku.

Baby steps.

I yawned and opened my locker with a tug, watching 3 large papers flutter out and onto the ground. I scrambled to pick them up to take a look at them, seeing that they were pictures of myself. I was scared for a moment before I realized that these were the 3 Kacchan had taken before his dad had returned to the studio. I frowned slightly in looking at them, wondering why Kacchan hadn't just given them to me when we walked back to the dorms. He had perfect opportunities to and yet he had to go through the effort to slip them through the slats in my locker. I tucked them in my backpack, making note to question him about that later. I grasped a book, glancing at myself in the small, magnetic mirror I had on my locker door. I pursed my lips, my eyes darting around the hall for anyone looking before I smiled at myself in the mirror. I looked tired today, which was expected, but I couldn't help feeling like I looked pretty good. I mean...Kacchan did think I was gorgeous.