Home (Kind of) Alone | Chpt 27

Hola amigos

Disfruten~

(y/n)'s POV

I stepped out of the shower, having thoroughly worked out for Saturday. I padded across the carpet, thinking about the leftovers from last night that I think I would very much like to enjoy tonight as well. Ai was heading out to dinner with one of her friends so I was home alone tonight, which meant I could eat and watch TV without Ai scolding me for testing the safety of our carpet from spills. I shut the door behind me, putting on some joggers and a tank top. I brushed out my hair, quickly rubbing my face down with moisturizer. I pulled my hair into a messy loop, the ends of my hair sticking up from the top of my head and the smaller pieces of my hair already beginning to dry. I brushed down my bangs, drying them with my towel for a few moments before brushing them dry. I heard Ai knock as I reached for deodorant. I opened the door with one hand to let her in, putting on some deodorant and spritzing once or twice with my perfume.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I just wanted to let you know I was going soon. Katsuki should be here in a moment," she said. I glanced over to her with an odd look. "I'm going out with Mitsuki and she suggested that you two eat together. I left money if you want to order something."

"Oh," I replied. "Well I'm going to start working on my hero costume and I'm going to be listening to music."

"Right, right. You know where to reach me."

I sighed as the door shut and I plopped down on the floor. I leaned up against my bed for a second before glancing around for where I put the stuff I ordered. I was planning on sewing on pouches to my costume's belt and I much preferred making alterations myself. The people who designed costumes were amazing, but I liked to do it myself. I tugged out my sewing machine, taking a glance at my current costume. I had just taken it in for some alterations so that it would retain more moisture in my skin. There wasn't much different to look at, but I wanted to add pouches to my belt for medical supplies.

I plugged in my earbuds, turning on soft music with a sigh. I propped up my knee, straddling the machine so I could thread the material through. I was going to have to difficultly hand-sew the pouches onto my belt. I drowned out all the external stimuli around me, focusing on the work at hand. I slipped the belt from my costume and into my hands, slipping a thimble over my finger so I could stab the thick material of the belt with my sewing needle. I was extremely focused, so much so that I didn't quite recognize the sound of rain beginning to slap at the walls and windows, the light in my room dimming. It was just a cloudy gray light filtering in between the slats of my blinds and a dying yellow glow from my bedside lamp. I also didn't recognize the voices or noise from downstairs.

Bakugo's POV

"(y/n)!" Ai called and she shook her head when she didn't respond. "She's got her earbuds in, just head up there and she can fix you up with a towel dear." Ai gave me a soft wave and left, shutting the door behind her. I stood on their front door mat, grumbling to myself. My hair was dripping from the soaking rain that I had briefly walked through to get to the front door. I sighed and I stomped up the stairs, miserable and wet. Why did I have to stay here? I should've just gone to the dorms early.

I turned the short way to her room, knowing she was certainly in there by the light. The rest of her house was pretty dark and I pushed open the door gently. She was propped on the floor, her back against the side of her bed. I watched her tear some thread with her teeth, methodically working to finish up the last touches to her suit. She had added some pockets it seemed.

My gaze shifted from her hands to her face, seeing that she was extremely focused and in the silence between her rustling there was a muffled beat coming from her earbuds. Her head swayed slightly, a stray piece of light, dry hair swaying with it. The rest of her hair was pulled up so that the ends of her damp hair stuck up to peek over the crown of her head. I watched her tongue dart out to lick her lips and I leaned up against the door frame, surprised she hadn't seen me yet. She looked very peaceful.