Chapter 145

As they all went into the dining room and Mickey, their house elf, served the dinner, Jenna sat there with a grin playing on her lips.

They were reaching the end of their meal that Jenna finally cleared her throat to grab everyone's attention before raising a glass and saying,

"I would like to propose —" James spat out his drink at that "— propose a toast," she added after short pause. "To good health and love."

The rest of them raised their glasses as well. James did the same, although he kept glaring at his twin.

"Have you heard the Ministry's new motto?" Sirius started, deciding to go along with the joke. "It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

James looked around the table, trying to check if Lily had noticed anything, but it appeared that she wasn't paying too much attention, her mind fixed on recent Order events.

"Oh, yes," Jenna nodded, trying to suppress a grin, "I don't propose — oops, sorry. I meant I don't suppose it's gonna help the Ministry much, though."

James's face looked livid. But mustering all the self control he had so he wouldn't burst out and yell, he simply cleared his throat as he got to his feet.

"Dinner was great," he said, before turning to Lily and saying, "Wanna go for a walk?"

"What?" Lily's head shot up, as if she was too deep in thoughts to have heard him.

       "Do you wanna go out for a walk?" James repeated himself. "Just in the yard — nowhere outside the protection enchantments."

     "But shouldn't we stay and help with clearing out the dinner table —?"

     "Oh don't worry about it, darling." Mrs. Potter shook a hand at her reassuringly with a smile. "Mickey will do it. You can go if you want."

      "Oh, right... yeah, thanks." Lily said politely and so James took her hand gently, leading her out of the kitchen and into the yard.

"Oof, imagine how heartbroken Prongs will be if Lily says no," said Sirius, letting out a shaky breath.

        "Nah..." Jenna smiled, her eyes fixed on the house's door. "I have a feeling that he's gonna get the yes this time."

        Jenna was feeling happier than she had in a long time. Just to think about her brother and best friend getting married sent chills all over her body from excitement.

     She knew they were made for each other.

     But just then, Jenna was snapped back to reality when from over the counter Mrs. Potter muttered a small, "Uh oh," when she pulled open the drawer.

     "What?" Jenna frowned, but then she gasped in shock when her mother took out a small box out of the drawer.

       "The idiot forgot to take the ring with him!" Mrs. Potter exclaimed as everyone's eyes widened and Mr. Potter face-palmed in disappointment.

       "Smooth," Sirius mumbled sarcastically, grinning.

        "Now's not the time, Sirius!" Jenna smacked him playfully on the arm. "We have to get this to James. He's been waiting for this moment for ages!"

       "And how exactly are you going to give it to him without Lily realizing?" Sirius raised a brow at her.

       There was a pause, and then it finally hit her. "I can use the Invisibility Cloak!" said Jenna, and so she ran upstairs without further explanation.