Chapter 58

The rain poured on them mercilessly as they held on tight to each other under the cloudy sky.

Sirius then pulled away slightly, his eyes piercing through her soul as he looked down at her.

He then slowly leaned forward and pressed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as he locked his hands in her hair, breathing heavily to soothe himself down.

"Jenna..." Sirius whispered and opened his grey eyes once more, staring into hers. Jenna suddenly found it hard to breathe as their lips were just an inch away.

     He then raised his hand and placed a wet strand of her hair behind her ear before he tried to say, "I'm —"

"Padfoot?"

The two abruptly jerked apart as James's voice called behind them and turned around, facing him.

"What are you doing h—" but James stopped as his eyes fell upon Sirius's trunk which was laying on the ground under the rain. "Oh..."

Pursing his lips together with a frown, James promptly walked towards Sirius and brought him into a quick comforting hug and patted him on the back before pulling away.

"You — you go inside and warm up," said James. "I'll bring your trunk."

"Thanks, mate," Sirius nodded weakly, following Jenna inside.

"I'll — er — go tell Mum you're here," said Jenna awkwardly, pacing quickly away from Sirius and walking to the kitchen.

"Who was it, Jenna?" Mrs. Potter asked when she spotted her daughter, taking off her apron.

"Sirius," said Jenna in a hushed voice.

"Sirius!?" Mrs. Potter shouted in surprise.

"Shh!" Jenna face-palmed. "He's here with his trunk. He doesn't look too good."

"Oh, nonsense," Mrs. Potter shook a hand. "There's no way that boy could ever not look — oh, good gracious!"

Mrs. Potter gasped as Sirius walked in the kitchen miserably, soaked from head to toe, and his eyes still puffy.

"I see what you mean," Mrs. Potter muttered to Jenna before walking towards Sirius with a smile. "Hello."

"Hi," Sirius forced a smile at her feebly. "I'm sorry to bother you at this hour, Mrs. Potter, and so unnoticed —"

"Oh, don't worry about it," she shook her hand at him reassuringly, cutting him off. "You're welcome here any time. Now let's see where that man is — Fleamont?FLEAMONT!

"WHAT!?" Mr. Potter's voice rang from upstairs.

"GET DOWN HERE!"

"I'M IN THE BATHROOM!" he yelled back. "CAN'T A MAN PEE IN PEACE HERE!?"

Jenna laughed and even Sirius let out a chuckle as Mrs. Potter sighed and shook her head.

She then took out her wand and pointed it at Sirius and so with a light swift of it, his clothes and hair immediately got dry.

James then appeared in kitchen, saying, "I gave your trunk to Mickey. He'll take it upstairs. Do you want me to show you to your room?"

But before Sirius could even open his mouth to respond, Mr. Potter came to sight, drying his hands with a towel.

"What's with all the noise?" he said, looking up and seeing Sirius, smiling immediately at his sight. "Ay! Look who's here! My favorite Quidditch player!"

"Thanks, Dad," James and Jenna said flatly at the same time.

"Well, there's gotta be a difference between a beater and the others, eh?" he smirked, shaking Sirius's hand firmly. "Now, what brings you here, Son?"

"Let the boy breathe, Fleamont," said Mrs. Potter, putting a hand on Sirius's shoulder.

"What? I'm just curious to know," Mr. Potter shrugged. "Do your parents know that you're here?"

"Well..." Sirius started, looking down with a frown. "I — I actually — kind of... ran away."

"WHAT!?" they all exclaimed together.

"Why? What happened?" James asked, looking concerned.

"I — I got into a fight with Mother — told her I didn't want anything to do with that horrible family anymore — she blasted me off the family tree — so I — I got my trunk and ran away."

"Aw, you poor boy," Mrs. Potter gasped, brining into a hug.

     But Sirius was glad that she soon pulled away, seeing as he was getting uncomfortable, being unfamiliar to the feeling of having a mother-figure embracing him like that.

"Well, you did a good thing, running away from that woman, if you ask me," Mr. Potter scoffed. "I always thought she was a bitch—"

"Fleamont!" Mrs. Potter smacked him on the arm, quickly turning over to see Sirius's reaction anxiously, but he only laughed.

"True, true," Sirius shrugged with a grin.

"That's my boy!" Mr. Potter laughed, clapping a hand on Sirius's back hardly, causing him to hurtle forward a bit. "Now how about that dinner, eh?" he said, rubbing his hand together in glee.

The Potter family walked to the dining room, followed by Sirius who was quiet unlike his usual self as he sat with them around the table.

"How long will you be staying with us, Pads?" James asked.

"Just for the night," said Sirius. "I'll leave first thing in the morning —"

"Excuse me," Mrs. Potter cleared her throat. "Who said you could leave?"

"Er..."

"You're not leaving here, Sirius," said Mrs. Potter sternly. "Where else do you have to go?"

"Er... I've been saving up a little bit of gold," Sirius explained. "I think I'll just stay at the Leaky Cauldron for the time being—"

"Oh, rubbish," Mrs. Potter shook her hand impatiently. "You're still underage! You don't expect us to let you live on your own, do you?"

"I don't want to be a burden to you, Mrs. Potter —"

"Don't give us that B.S, boy," Mr. Potter scoffed. "When my wife says you're staying, then you're staying." he the leaned forward towards Sirius and whispered, "She gets real scary if you disagree with her."

"True." Mrs. Potter smiled. "C'mon, Sirius. We're a lovable family — even though some of us are slightly crazy," she added, glancing over at the other three Potters. "You can't say no to that."

Sirius smiled genuinely, feeling his heart lift up at those words. "Thank you. Thank you so much."