Chapter 157

Everyone's eyes widened as Jenna pulled away from Marlene, a smirk still playing at the edge of her lips.

But Sirius was the one who broke the silence as he looked between the two girls, frozen on the spot in shock. He swallowed, saying, "I... I don't know how to feel right now."

Marlene then broke down into giggles. "Wow... you are some kisser, Jen. Sirius is a hell of a lucky guy."

"Why, thank you." Jenna grinned, bowing down her head dramatically.

When Jenna turned around to look at the others, she saw that Remus had fully looked away now, as if he were finding the wall very interesting.

James was now laughing his head off at Sirius's expression, who was still shocked and hadn't blinked ever since.

     Meanwhile Lily only shook her head at the two girls in disappointment, even though she too was smiling.

When Jenna and Sirius went back home that night, Sirius still hadn't uttered a single word, but Jenna was grinning, finding the whole situation highly amusing.

"I can't believe you did that," Sirius finally said, dropping himself down on the couch in their small living room and folding his arms.

"Did what?" Jenna asked obliviously, looking at him innocently.

"You know what!" Sirius snapped at her and she did everything in her power to suppress her smile.

"I certainly don't," said Jenna, walking into the bedroom to change out of her clothes.

Sirius angrily stood up from the couch and followed her to the room and glared at Jenna as she was taking off her high heels.

"You cheated on me! And right before my eyes!" he yelled. Jenna couldn't hold it back anymore and so she snorted in laughter.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic," she said before turning her back on him and pulling all her hair on one side. "Zip me down, will you?"

"Oh, I see what you're doing." Sirius scoffed knowingly.

Jenna turned around to look at him with a raised brow. "What am I doing, exactly?"

"You're — you're trying make me forgot about this whole kissing thing by seducing me!"

"I wasn't trying to seduce you! I only asked you to undress me!"

Sirius stared at her blankly. "Are you hearing yourself right now?"

"Okay. I'll do it myself, then," said Jenna stubbornly, trying to unzip herself with difficulty, yet failing miserably.

Sirius watched her struggle for a long minute, until he finally huffed in defeat. "Ugh, fine! I'll do it! Turn around!"

Jenna grinned to herself triumphantly as she turned around and pulled aside her hair again while Sirius zipped her down.

But before she could slip out of her dress, Sirius turned his back on her promptly to face the wall and folded his arms grumpily.

"Why are you acting weird?" Jenna asked him while Sirius was still glaring at the wall before him.

"Because I'm mad at you!" he retorted.

"And you're avoiding looking at me because...?"

"Because I know your technique damn well!" he reasoned. "You — you do stuff that makes me forget about the other stuff!"

Jenna laughed, walking toward him and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. Her mere touch was enough for Sirius's body to relax and so he slowly turned around to face her.

She smiled up at him. "Do you want me to make it up to?"

***

The next day when Jenna came out of shower, she found Sirius in the kitchen, struggling once again to make pancakes.

"Are you still mad at me?" Jenna asked him worriedly as she walked into the kitchen.

"Not anymore." Sirius grinned. "Why?"

"Because apparently you're planning on taking revenge by force-feeding me your pancakes."

"Hey! My pancakes are just fine! I've had a lot of progress!" Sirius retorted angrily, making her chuckle.

They ate their breakfast in the quiet of the room. In all fairness, Sirius's pancakes really had improved.

But just as they were cleaning out the table, they heard a knock on the door. After a small inquiry, they figured that it was Alice and so let her in immediately.

"Al, are you okay? What's wrong?" Jenna asked as the girl walked inside, looking rather guilty and pale in the face.

"There's — there're something you need to know," said Alice, gulping.

"Well, come in." Jenna gestured her inside and Alice sat down in the living room. Sirius then went to take a shower to give the two girls some privacy.

"Okay..." Alice started, avoiding her eyes. "Something happened last night... oh, but please don't get mad."

"What is it?" Jenna asked anxiously, frowning.

"W-well... Frank and I got married."

"WHAT!?" Jenna exclaimed.

"I knew you'd get mad — but there wasn't a wedding or anything — it all happened really fast — Frank and I were at a mission last night and were nearly killed! When we got back, we figured that life is too short to wait and then suddenly Frank proposed — it wasn't planned — there was no ring — and I really love him, Jen. So I said yes. There was no one there, really. Only Frank's uncle, Algie Longbottom and his mother. She gave me her own ring, which was an heirloom and his uncle was the officiant. It all happened so fast and I'm sorry you guys weren't there. I really am —"

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down, woman!" Jenna cut her off, chuckling. "Alice, it's fine. You did the right thing. I know how much you love him, and how much he loves you."

"But you guys weren't there —"

"But we're here for you now." Jenna smiled at her, holding her hand comfortingly. "And I'm sure Lily would understand. Marlene might get a little dramatic at first when she finds out, but she'll forget about it soon. Besides, big weddings are risky at the moment, considering everything that's going on. So it's all good."

Alice smiled, the color returning to her always rosy cheeks. She then suddenly leaned in, bringing Jenna into a tight hug and whispering, "Thanks, Jen. You really are the best."

Jenna smiled, hugging her back. "Anything for my badass cinnamon role."