Chapter 69

The guests left the Potter Manor the next day as their parents came one by one to pick them up.

And to all of their excitements, Mr. and Mrs. Potter invited Jenna's and James's friends and all their families to their traditional Christmas Ball which was to take place in a few months, so they could get to know each other better.

Jenna was in her room that evening, trying to do the homework she'd been assigned to do over summer, but couldn't focus.

     After receiving Dumbledore's letter, Jenna knew she had to send her reply in no time, as the start of their sixth year approached.

     She shook her head then, wanting to distract herself from wondering about it just yet. She still had a few weeks to think things over.

Jenna then grinned when she thought of a way to distract herself. She realized how the house was rather quiet and assumed that James and Sirius, who had left to walk around the village that afternoon, were still out.

     Finding the situation a perfect opportunity to get back the Golden Snitch which Sirius now had, Jenna stood up from her seat.

     She tiptoed our of her room and made her way over Sirius's, which was down the hall. She swung the door slightly open and when she saw that it was empty, she grinned and walked inside.

     Jenna scanned the room quickly and her eyes quickly landed on Sirius's trunk, which was in a corner, right against the wall.

     Thinking that, that was one of the convenient places he could've hidden the Snitch, Jenna walked towards it and sat on the ground before the trunk and opened it.

     Quickly, she started searching the trunk, careful not to mess up anything so he wouldn't suspect her later.

     But not a minute later, she jumped up with a yelp as a voice behind her suddenly said, "What are you doing, Jenny?"

      Startled, she briskly turned around, just to see Sirius, leaning against the doorframe of the bathroom, which was inside his room.

     But Jenna was immediately forced to look away as she found him soaking wet from head to toe and a white towel wrapped around his lower body, obviously coming out of the shower.

     "What are you doing here?" Jenna asked uneasily. "I thought you and James were still out."

     He shrugged. "We came back about an hour ago; James went to sleep and I thought I would take a shower. But the real question is," he said, walking slowly towards her, "what are you doing here?"

     With each step that Sirius took forward, Jenna took one backwards until her back hit the wall.

     "I — I was just —"

     "Looking for the Snitch?" Sirius gave her a knowing look, now standing right in front of her. "You really thought I would hide it somewhere that easy?"

    "I — well — no," said Jenna awkwardly. She then cleared her throat, saying, "Er... I-I better go now —"

     "You're not going anywhere," Sirius cut her off sharply and the moment she was about to make a move and leave, he quickly raised both his arms and slammed them on the wall on either side of Jenna, locking her up.

    "Why do you keep doing this!?" Jenna snapped. "You keep cornering me like this! First last year at Slughorn's party, and now too! Do you enjoy this?"

     "Oh, yes. Very much." He grinned.

     "Let go," Jenna snarled, trying hard not to look down at Sirius's bare chest, as the water on his black hair dripped down on it.

     "Gladly," he smiled at her sweetly. "But not until I've taught you that you mustn't touch what isn't yours."

     "Funny you should mention that," Jenna started mockingly, "cause I'd break you if you get any closer."

     "I've told you this once before, Kitten," said Sirius, his grey eyes roaming her, "I won't touch you until you beg me to."

     "Then why do you keep looking at me like that!?" Jenna retorted.

     "Like what?" He raised a brow at her.

     "Like — like you're — like you're undressing me with your eyes!"

     Sirius only laughed, shaking his head at her. "Cute shorts, by the way."

     "Stop looking down!"

     "You stop looking down."

     "What!?" Jenna exclamied with a frown, her eyes falling down for quick second down his chest. "When did I — I didn't look —"

     "You just did."

     "Wha — that's not — I only looked cause you just said — it was automatic!"

     "Be careful, Kitten, or one might think that you're starting to like what you're seeing."

     "Well, I'm not," she said sharply. "And instead of putting your arms there to block my way, use them to hold up your stupid towel before it falls off!"

      "By the way you're writhing beneath me, I doubt if you'll complain if it does fall."

     "What — no — I don't — no!"

     Sirius laughed again and then leaned forward, pressing his forehead against her as he growled, "You drive me crazy, Jenny."

     As Jenna stared into his dangerous eyes, she suddenly felt the urge to grab onto his hair and pull him closer to her her.

      She bit her lower lip, now unable to control her eyes from wondering down to his chest, her mind flying away. She was doing almost everything in her power to stop her hands from reaching out for him.

     Sirius, who seemed to have noticed Jenna's chest heaving up and down as she breathed rapidly, let the edge of his lips twitch into a smirk.

     With that, Sirius slowly leaned forward and whispered slowly against her ear, "All you have to do is ask, Jenny."

     By those mere words, as if snapping back to reality, Jenna's head shot up, catching him grinning at her.

     Thinking quickly of a way to get away, Jenna looked over Sirius's shoulder, at the door behind him, and pretended to look at someone with widened eyes as she gasped, "James!"

      On cue, Sirius leaped away from Jenna in a quick motion, having to hold on to his towel which nearly fell as he turned to look over at the door, only to see that no one was there.

     Laughing at Sirius's shocked state, Jenna took the opportunity and ran towards the door.

     She opened it wide and turned to Sirius with a smile, saying, "Goodnight, Padfoot. Sleep tight."

      And with one last wink at his direction, she left the room and closed the door behind her.

     Jenna quickly returned back to her own room, her heart beating faster than it ever had before and went to bed without being able to do anything else.

     She forced herself to go to sleep, even though it seemed highly impossible as she couldn't get Sirius out of her mind, trying hard to stop herself from picturing what would've happened if she hadn't left.