Chapter 146

Upon watching her brother and best friend hugging each other like that, Jenna felt like she was just about to burst into tears of happiness from under the Invisibility Cloak.

     So to give them some privacy, she turned on her heels to leave, but she was stopped when Lily suddenly said,

"It's okay, Jen. You can come out. I know you're somewhere around here."

Trying to prevent her hair from going pink, Jenna slowly lowered the Invisibility Cloak, and the moment she did so, Lily leaped forward and brought Jenna into a hug as they both laughed in happiness.

James cleared his throat. "I'm here too."

But they ignored him.

"Oooh, let me see! Let me see!" Jenna exclaimed and so Lily giggled, showing her the ring on her finger. "Oh, I love it!"

"Yeah, I picked it," said James, but he was ignored once again.

"Wait until Marlene and Alice hear! They're gonna go crazy!" Jenna said excitedly, almost jumping up and down. "Oh, we're gonna be sisters now!"

Lily smiled brightly. "We already were, Jen."

"Yeah, but you're gonna be a part of this family!" said Jenna, hugging her again.

"Fine, ignore me. I don't care," James said flatly, folding his arms grumpily.

Jenna pulled away from Lily with a grin and so went to bring James into a hug as she whispered, "Congratulations, J.P."

"Thanks, little sis," James chuckled, hugging her back.

"For the last time," Jenna started, pulling away, "you're only eleven minutes older."

James grinned. "Best eleven minutes of my life."

Jenna punched him playfully in the arm and they all laughed. So she then turned to Lily, saying, "How did you know I was there, anyway?"

"I could hear you whispering." She giggled again. "That was some good speech you made up, Jen."

     "She only said the first two sentences!" James retorted, but he was ignored once again when they went back into the house.

     The exact moment, Mr. and Mrs. Potter bombarded the couple with congratulations and welcomed Lily to the crazy house of Potter.

Sirius patted James on the back, saying that he knew all along that he was going to get the yes in the end.

But none of those reactions were as extreme as their friends. While the boys had gone to the Potter household to the celebrate James's engagement, the girls had gathered in Alice's house the next week for the big announcement.

"Okay, so what was the big surprise?" Marlene asked as the four of them were all sitting in the living room.

Lily and Jenna gave each other a knowing smile until Lily finally said, "We're engaged!"

Alice gasped and clapped a hand to her mouth, but Marlene blinked a few times in confusion at Lily and said, "You and Jenna?"

"No, you idiot!" Jenna face-palmed. "Her and James!"

"HOLY MERLIN!" Marlene squealed, jumping up from the couch along with Alice as they ran up to Lily, who showed them the ring. "Woah, that is a big fat ring!"

"Ooh, so when's the wedding?" Alice asked excitedly.

Lily opened her mouth to answer, but Marlene cut her off and said, "Oh, who cares? Tell us who's gonna be the maid of honor!"

Lily giggled. "I thought Jenna could be my maid of honor and —"

"What!?" Marlene jeered. "Not fair! I called dibs on maid of honor!" And then she turned to face Jenna suspiciously, narrowing her eyes. "Jen, you do know that the use of the Imperius Curse is illegal, right?"

"I didn't Imperio her!" Jenna retorted. "Let her finish, will you?"

"Right..." Lily cleared her throat before continuing, "I was thinking that Jenna could be my maid of honor, I could be Marlene's, Marlene could be Alice's, and Alice could be Jenna's. That way we'll all get to be maid of honor once."

"But I wanted to be yours," Marlene grumbled.

"Why?"

"Because yours is now!"

     They all laughed.

"Look, Mar," Lily started, "I chose Jenna because she's also the James's sister."

Jenna smirked at Marlene. "How are you gonna top that, bitch?"

Marlene frowned and made an angry move to retort, but Lily cut her short when she quickly said, "Ladies, please. Behave yourself, will you? The wedding's in Christmas, which only gives us around one month left. So we have to start planning right away."

"Whatever you say; you're the mother of the group," said Marlene, sitting back on the couch.

"Oh, yeah?" Jenna grinned. "And what are the rest of us?"

"Well, Lily's the mum," said Marlene, "You're the bigger sister, Jen. I'm the younger sister —"

"You sure you're not just the crazy uncle?" Jenna teased, but Marlene just glared at her.

"Then what am I?" Alice asked softly.

"It's obvious. You're the little cinnamon role of this family." Marlene shrugged and they all giggled.

"Hmm... I wonder what the boys are up to," Lily mused.

***

"And so here's to marriage," said Sirius, raising his glass dramatically, "in which you'll never get to sleep with anyone else ever again. Cheers!"

The other three boys stared at him.

"There's no way I'm letting you give that speech at my wedding!" James snapped at him.

Sirius's smile fell. "Why not? I'm the best man! I'm supposed to give a speech!"

"That was the worst speech I've ever heard." Peter sniggered.

"No offense, Padfoot," Remus started, "but if you say any of those sentences at the wedding, I'm pretty sure Lily would dump Prongs on the spot."

"Oh, rubbish! It was a brilliant speech!" Sirius argued stubbornly. "You guys are just jealous of my awesome skills."

James shook his head in disappointment. "How you got my sister to go out with you, I'll never know. It still surprises me."

    "Then brace yourself, cause you're gonna get even more surprised soon." Sirius grinned. "I have a plan."