Chapter 31

Quickly, Jenna opened Sirius's letter and read through it, her heartbeat speeding up.

     Dear beloved Miss Potter,

     Jenna rolled her eyes at that.

     As you are probably acquainted with my situation at home, therefor I shall believe that you know I can get bored easily.

     Thus, I would like to inform you that you'd be receiving daily letters from my side throughout the Christmas Break.

     Sincerely,
     Your fluffy dog.

     "What the..." Jenna's voice trailed off as she reread the letter. By that, Lily leaned forward and read through it as well.

     "Fluffy dog?" she raised a brow.

     "Er – just an inside joke," Lily gave her another look. "Between James and him."

     "He's not serious about sending daily letters, is he?" Lily questioned worriedly.

     "Well, he is Sirius," Jenna grinned.

     "Oh, not you too," Lily groaned at the old joke. "He better not be sending any more! Tuny's boyfriend will get suspicious if he sees too many owls around!"

     "Speaking of owls," Jenna started, pointing at the parlor's window, which an owl was flying outside.

     Lily stood up, opening the window and letting the owl inside. "Ooh, it's from Marlene."

"Do you think you can carry a letter for me to somone? I'll pay you." Jenna asked the owl and it hooted softly.

While Lily was busy opening Marlene's gift, Jenna ran towards their room and started writing a letter to Sirius.

Dear Mr. Black,

With all due respect, please don't bother sending me any more letters or I'll shove them up where the sun doesn't shine.

Best regards,
Crookshanks.

Smiling with satisfaction to herself, Jenna went back downstairs and gave the letter to the owl along with a Sickle.

"Get this to Sirius Black," Jenna said and the owl immediately flew away. She then turned to Lily and said, "What does Marlene say?"

"She sent us both a bunch of Chocolate Frogs and says if you can ask your mother and see if she could send Marlene her famous fudges."

Jenna chuckled, shaking her head. "Typical Marlene."

***

The next day when the girls woke up, Jenna was glad that there was no letter from Sirius and grinned triumphantly to herself as she got ready to go to the mall with Lily.

"Your lot are weird," said Jenna, as Lily dragged her into an elevator.

"You have a house elf and walking gnomes, and this is weird?"

"In our defense," Jenna started. "We don't really see the gnomes. Our house-elf, Mickey, is the one who gets rid of them."

     "Ooh, we're here!" Lily said as they reached the top floor of the mall and the elevator's door swung open.

     "Why are we here, again?"