Chapter 150

When the wedding was finally over and all the guests went home, Jenna and Sirius went to help Lily and James pack so they could move into their new home at Godric's Hollow. It was way past midnight, which meant that it was now officially Christmas.

     James had to take a break to get Remus back to his home, sure that he was going to have the worst hangover of his life the next morning.

     Lily and James had already changed into more comfortable outfits, yet Sirius and Jenna were still in their fancy clothes.

     Mr. and Mrs. Potter had gone upstairs to sleep right after the McKinnons had left. They were both very exhausted after the long day, but Jenna couldn't help but notice that her father looked unlike himself lately, not joking around anymore and laughing less often.

     But she didn't want to worry James about it now, seeing as he had just gotten married and probably had a lot on his mind already. So Jenna just tried to reassure herself that it was probably nothing to worry about.

     "Do you guys want to come with us tonight?" Lily asked them as they all had gathered out of the entrance door. "To check out the house, I mean."

     "I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to come and visit," said Jenna, smiling at the newly wed couple. "But you guys must be tired. Better get some sleep."

     "I can't believe Mum and Dad actually got us a house," said James earnestly. "I mean... Lily was okay to come live with is here, seeing as Mum and Dad are usually never home and that this place is big enough for all of us, but... it still shocks me."

      "Same here," said Jenna, nodding. "But I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. I can't believe you guys are actually married!"

     "Honestly, me neither." Lily chuckled. "It all happened too fast, didn't it? But I'm glad."

     "Is this all of your stuff that's left?" Sirius asked, pointing at the two trunks on the floor.

     "Yeah, Mickey took the rest to our house." James nodded, but then grinned. "Can't wait to see it."

     "Well, then. don't let us keep you waiting," said Sirius, winking at them.

     "Goodnight, then," said James, patting Sirius on the back and bringing Jenna into a long hug. "Tell Mum and Dad to come and visit us tomorrow as well when they wake up."

     With that, Lily and James both took a hold of each of their trunks and in a blink of an eye, they Disapprated away.

      "Ugh," Jenna groaned in exhaustion, "I just wanna get these off me."

      "Good idea." Sirius grinned as he looked her up and down.

      "I meant my high heels!" said Jenna, shaking her head at him.

     "Nah," said Sirius mischievously, wrapping his arms around Jenna and bringing her closer to his chest. "I say keep the high heels and get rid of the rest."

     Jenna laughed at that. "You're unbelievable sometimes, Black. You really are."

      Sirius chuckled and the leaned down to pressed a small kiss on her lips before pulling away and raising his hand for her to take.

     "Come with me," said Sirius when he caught Jenna giving him a questioning glance. "I wanna give you something."

      "Outside?" said Jenna with widened eyes as she stared at him in surprise.

     "Oh, Jenny... I adore your dirty mind. But no, that's not what I was talking about," said Sirius, grinning, "but we can do it afterward if you're so eager."

      "I — wha — no! I just thought that was what you meant!"

     Sirius's lips twitched up into a knowing smile. "If you say so..."

     "Oh, just give me what you wanted to, will you?" said Jenna, folding her arms.

     Sirius laughed and he so took her hand, leading her outside into the magnificent yard which was now cleared out by Mickey already. 

     "Oh, look!" Jenna exclaimed, pointing at the trunk of a willow tree nearby. "James and I had carved our names on this when we were kids." 

      And sure enough, when they took a closer look, they saw that on the tree there was a small 'J.P' carved.

      "I miss how we used to play around all the time." Jenna sighed as she took her high heels off and took them in her hands and kept on strolling under the moonlight with Sirius, feeling the green grass tingle her bare feet with every step. "We had no worries back when we were kids."

      "Wish I could say the same," Sirius mumbled under his breath bitterly, and so Jenna took his hand in hers again and gave it a light squeeze.

     "Sirius, that's all behind you now," Jenna said comfortingly. "You can't be chained up to your past forever."

     "I know." Sirius sighed.

     They kept walking around in silence for long minutes. Sirius then turned to glance sideways at Jenna, catching her watching the sky and studying the silvery glow of the moon above them.

     His heart was pounding hard against his chest as he tried to search for the right words to say to her and to break the silence.

     But he was saved from the awkwardness when Jenna finally said, "So what did you want to give me?"

     "Oh, right." Sirius cleared his throat and stopped walking, digging into his pocket and taking something out of it.

      Jenna's eyes widened at it and she gasped lightly when she saw a golden Snitch in his hand.

     But it wasn't just any Snitch; it was the one that Jenna had seen at the Quidditch World Cup years ago, before they had even started going out. A wizard was selling Quidditch supplies that were signed by famous players and Jenna had her eyes on that specific Snitch, but the trouble was that she didn't have any money on her at the moment.

      Sirius then bought the Snitch from the wizard. Jenna had thought that Sirius had bought it for her and wanted to pay him for it later, but then Sirius had grinned arrogantly and said that he wasn't buying it for her.

      "Remember this?" Sirius smiled, showing the golden Snitch to her as he held it in his hand.

       "Of course," said Jenna in a hollow voice, gazing at it. "I kept wanting to take it from you, but you wouldn't budge."

      "I was just teasing you back then," said Sirius, grinning. "I wanted to actually give it to you at some point, but it just never seemed the right time. I wanted to give it on a special occasion."

      "And Lily and James's wedding night was your best option?" Jenna raised a brow at him playfully.

     "Well, it's also Christmas," said Sirius with a smile. "It was actually James who suggested that I could give it to you tonight. Take it as a Christmas present."

     Jenna smiled, feeling overwhelmed by emotions. "Thanks."

     Sirius then raised his hand to give the Snitch to her, but before Jenna could even reach out for it and touch it, they became startled when suddenly a voice behind them said,

     "I hope I'm not interrupting anything."