Chapter 163

Jenna sat down at their little round kitchen table, burying her face in her palms as she sobbed.

     This was the same table they used to sit around every day together to eat, joking around and laughing. But now, it was never going to be the same without them.

      "Jenny?" Her head shot up when she heard Sirius whisper her name softly, seeing him walking into the kitchen hesitantly.

     "I'm not going back out there," she muttered, staring down at her hands.

     "I'm not here to convince you to go back," said Sirius.

     "You're not?" Jenna mumbled and Sirius shook his head, sitting down around the table.

Sirius sat beside her in silence, taking a hold of her hand on the table and caressing her knuckle gently with his thumb.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without them, Sirius." Jenna broke the silence in a small voice, not even looking up at him. "I — I never wanted to believe that this day would come... Even though they went on different battles everyday... I always thought that they were going to survive and to see us grow. But they're gone... this — this wasn't supposed to happen."

Sirius didn't know what he was supposed to say that could possibly make her feel better. So he just held her hand tighter, remaining quiet.

"This wasn't the way they would've wanted to go," Jenna whispered, as if talking mostly to herself. "Even if they were going to... I know they would've wanted it to be in a battle, trying to save the people they loved; not in a freaking sick bed."

She then huffed angrily, letting go of Sirius and running both her hands through her hair as she felt the tears surge once more.

"I'm not sure if I can go on without them..." She let a tear drop down her cheek as she whispered, "I feel so lonely without them."

"Hey," Sirius started firmly, taking her hand once more and causing her to look up at him. "You're not alone. You'll always have me."

Jenna's head shot up at that, her eyes red with tears as she sniffed. "Promise?"

Sirius smiled, moving forward to gently peck her on the lips. "Promise."

***

Throughout the months that passed, Sirius did everything he could to be there for Jenna, but as March approached, nothing he did seemed to lighten up the mood even though it had been almost four months since she had lost her parents.

The will of Fleamont and Euphemia was given to James a few hours after the funeral. All their money had been split equally between James and Jenna, filling up their vaults enough for a lifetime.

They had left their manor to Jenna, and the Godric's Hollow house and Fleamont's invisibility cloak officially to James. They took aback at first. How much could a simple invisibility cloak be worth as to be an equivalent to an enormous house?

But truth to be told, neither of them seemed to care about such matters.

Jenna's hair had turned her own brown and she didn't seem to be able to change it. She rarely left the bedroom, barely ate, and had night terrors almost every night, waking up with a scream or crying. She didn't even talk unless necessary.

Jenna had almost completely abandoned the Order for these few months, missing all its meetings. Sirius usually didn't go either to keep her company, so she wouldn't be left alone in the house.

Sirius had tried to convince her to leave the house on numerous occasions or to do something to cheer her up, but nothing seemed to work.

So at last giving up, he woke up earlier than ever that day despite his usual self and wore his jacket, tiptoeing out of their bedroom so he wouldn't wake Jenna up.

Once he was out of the house, he Dissaparated and moments later appeared in the village of Godric's Hollow.

It was snowing that morning, but no one was out in its streets and alleyways, seeing as the sun was barely out yet.

With his hands in his pockets and his eyes roaming the place in case danger was close, Sirius started walking on toward Lily and James's house.

Once he reached their door, he knocked loudly a few times and waited until he heard footsteps inside the house.

"Who's there?" He heard Lily's voice call from behind the door.

"It's Sirius."

Hearing a groan, Sirius saw the door open only to reveal Lily, her red hair rather messy and her eyes sleepy, her belly bigger than he had seen it last month.

     "Hello," Sirius grinned at her, "so have you had the baby yet?"

       Lily folded her arms and gave him a look at his silly joke.

"Sirius, do you realize what time it is?" Lily said, rubbing her eyes.

"Is Prongs home?" he asked, ignoring her question.

"No." Lily shook her head, yawning lightly. "He went on a mission last night. He hasn't returned yet."

Sirius nodded. "Good, because there's something I need to talk to you about. It's about Jenna."