Chapter 20

On the next day, even though it was Sunday and everyone enjoyed themselves in the Great Hall, Remus still hadn't showed up, apparently still in hospital wing, trying to get his wounds healed.

Jenna had tried to turn herself back into a cat when alone, though she was unsuccessful.

     And despite her friends cheering her up, she still wasn't able to even change her hair color, let alone transforming into a full animal.

     Even on Sundays, Jenna insisted on continuing their Quidditch practices. That day was no exception, for no boy could stop Jenna from training for her goal.

     Quidditch practice that day turned out to be a good distraction, until James decided to bring it all back to her at the end of it.

      "Hey, Jenna?" he called as Jenna was busy putting the balls back in their place.

     "What?" she said, closing the box and turning towards her brother.

      "That day, after we left you and Remus alone," he started awkwardly, "well... what did you say to him? Cause he has seemed pretty devastated since that day, and won't even tell us what happened."

     "What I said to him?" Jenna scoffed folding her arms. "What makes you think I said something that upset him?"

      "Cause you're the Devil's own sister," he grinned.

     "I'm your sister, James."

     "Exactly," he winked.

     "Don't you want to know what he said to me?" said Jenna feverishly.

     "No, not really." James grinned. "Look, I'm not a gossip queen," Jenna snorted at that, "I just don't want to see two of my best friends fighting."

     Jenna sighed, her face relaxing at his words. "We're not fighting. It was just... a small disagreement. And as long he doesn't try to avoid me, I'll be fine with him too."

     "Yeah, he was rather worried that you had found out, though," he said in a hushed voice. "I told him that you would never tell anyone about it. But then he said that wasn't what he was worried about. Wonder what he meant?"

     Jenna shook her head. "No idea."

***

On Monday, Alice, Lily, and Jenna left their dormitory at midnight to head towards the Astronomy tower for their astronomy class.

     Yet Marlene slept soundlessly in her bed, happy that she had dropped that subject years ago.

     "Nothing can come between the relationship I have with my nap times," she would say.

     When the three girls got to the top of the Astronomy Tower, everyone was there except for James, Sirius, and Peter, who came ten minutes after the class had started. Although, Remus hadn't showed up this time either.

Professor Sinistra, whose favorite students were Sirius and James just like most of the teachers, let them off with a warning but didn't take any points off Gryffindor.

"I graded your star charts' homework and I must say," said Professor Sinistra, "they – were – terrible."

"How awfully nice of you, Professor," said James, making Peter snigger.

She just gave him a half smile and took out her wand. With a lazy wave of it, the papers started to fly around and land in the hands of their owners.

Jenna had gotten forty six out of a hundred. She grimaced at first, but when she saw the scores on others' homework, hers didn't seem so bad after all. Specially compared to Peter, who had gotten twelve.

"Mr. Black has got the best mark, as always," Sirius grinned, but Professor Sinistra added, "yet, I expected more of you, Mr. Black. I highly doubt fifty five was good enough for you."

"We wrote this together!" James huffed to Sirius after Professor Sinistra had gone to answer the students' questions regarding their homework. "How come you got fifty five and I got fifty one!? We basically wrote the same thing!"

"Dunno," Sirius shrugged with an arrogant smirk playing on his lips. "But I guess it has something to do with my good looks."

James rolled his eyes and smacked Sirius behind his head teasingly, and then they both laughed.

"Alright," Professor Sinistra started, getting their attention once again. "I wish you to proceed your OWLs with the best marks possible, and this is not agreeable enough. So I thought I would pair you up throughout the rest of the semester, even though it's a short while. Team work always helps in educations."

She then took out a jar full of small pieces of paper with the students' names written on them and with another wave of her wand, she magically passed the papers around randomly to half of the class.

"Your partner's name is written on the paper," she said. "Half of you will receive these papers which consist the names of the other half."

Lily and Jenna didn't get any paper, but Alice who did, smiled brightly and said, "Ooh, I got Lily!"

James sighed in annoyance as he heard her. By that, Jenna's head turned towards the boys, just in time to see that Peter and Sirius had both received their partners' names.

After reading the name on his paper, Peter smiled broadly and then waved at Jenna, saying, "Hey! You're with m —!"

But before Peter could take another step toward her, Sirius briskly caught a hold of his arm and held him back.

Sirius grimaced as he read his partner's name. But when he turned his head and read the one on Peter's paper, he grinned. He leaned in and whispered something in Peter's ear and so he nodded weakly, switching his paper with Sirius's.

"Alright, class. Get to your partners, take your telescopes, and get to work!" said Professor Sinistra.

Lily and Alice gave Jenna a sad smile and got to their telescopes. Jenna saw Peter nearing a tall Ravenclaw boy awkwardly and watched a Hufflepuff girl walking towards James, but his eyes were desperately glued on Lily.

But then, to Jenna's horror, Sirius grinned broadly as he waltzed towards her. She groaned to herself, glaring at him when he reached her.

     "I got you on the paper, Jenny!" he said happily.

"I saw you switch papers with Peter! You can't do that!" Jenna scolded at him, but Sirius only grinned wider.

He looked at the paper he held with Jenna's name on it and shrugged, saying, "Looks to me like I can."

Jenna rolled her eyes, but then she froze on the spot as Sirius leaned in dangerously and whispered softly in her ear,

"Guess you're stuck with me, Potter."