Chapter 109

To their great delight, their examination went by perfectly and the group only had one week left to the end of their sixth year at Hogwarts until their results were to come.

      So they decided to enjoy the remaining days to the best of their ability, laying down on the fresh grass by the lake.

       For the first time, they were actually excited to leave Hogwarts for summer, seeing as now they were all of age and could finally do magic outside school.

     It made it even better now that they all had passed their Apparation test, with the exception of Peter who left a whole eyebrow behind and therefore had to give the test again over summer.

       To nobody's surprise, when their examination's results came, Lily and James turned out to be the top of the whole year, receiving full marks on every single exam and so McGonagall thanked them for their efforts on the last day of school.

       While Lily and Remus went to the prefect's compartment ahead of everybody else, Sirius and Jenna walked together toward the train before they had to go to separate compartments with their friends.

      "So did you think about my offer?" Sirius asked as they walked out of the horseless carriages.

       "What offer?" Jenna raised a brow at him in curiosity.

        "You know... about moving in with me?"

       Jenna's face fell at those words. "Oh... I forgot you were planning on moving out."

       "Yeah," Sirius grinned, "I can't wait for you to see the flat. It's nothing big, obviously. Only one bedroom. But it's a nice place."

       "Look, Sirius, about that..." Jenna sighed and stopped walking, turning to face him. "I would love to move in with you someday. But I really don't think now's the time."

      Sirius's smile faded away into a small frown. "Why not?"

      "Because I know my parents are going to overreact!" Jenna reasoned. "They're gonna be all like, 'oh, but you're too young' or 'oh, but you've been going out for less than a year. You're rushing into things'," she mocked them in a deep angry voice.

       "But you're over seventeen!" Sirius retorted. "You're of age! They can't protest."

       "But they will, and I don't want to fight with my parents," said Jenna softly, placing a hand on Sirius's arm, stroking it gently to calm him down. "They will excuse my school and say how I've still got one more year to go."

       Sirius sighed, looking away from her. So Jenna walked over to face him again, placing her hands on his cheeks to make him look up at her.

       "I will come live with you next year. I promise," she said with a smile. "Besides, we're coming back here for our seventh year in a few months anyway. The real deal's after we graduate from Hogwarts."

       "Yeah... I suppose you're right," said Sirius with a sad smile and so Jenna went on tiptoes, placing a small kiss on his lips, finally managing to cheer him up a bit.

       After that, Sirius went to join Peter and James, meanwhile Jenna got into the train to find Alice and Marlene.

      "Hey, Jen," Alice smiled at her as she slid the compartment door open and closed it again behind her.

       "Whatchu guys talking 'bout?" Jenna asked as she walked inside and sat down in front of them.

      "I was just telling Mar about a letter Frank sent me last night," she said, blushing lightly at the mention of his name.

      "Ooh, what did he say?" Jenna questioned with a grin.

      "W-well, he asked if I wanted to spend a week of the summer with him and his family," said Alice worriedly.

      "Woah, the boyfriend's family," said Jenna. "Mum's told me about them. That Augusta Longbottom is a tough one."

       "Yeah, I'm kind of nervous to meet them," Alice admitted earnestly.

       "I'm sure they're going to love you, Al," said Jenna reassuringly before smiling. "I mean, how can anyone not love our badass cinnamon role?"

       Alice giggled, looking slightly more cheerful at those words. Soon for lunch time, they were joined by Lily, using the last hours together to the fullest.

      At last, when the night turned the sky dark, the train slowly came to a stop as they arrived at King's Cross station.

      They all got out of the train, hugging each other goodbye. "Promise to write, will you?" said Lily, looking between the other three.

      "Will do," Jenna nodded at her brightly.

       "And let us know when you get the Head Girl badge," said Marlene, winking at the red-haired girl.

       "If I get the badge, you mean," Lily corrected her, but Marlene shook her head.

       "Nah, it's definitely gonna be you. I can feel it in my stomach," she said. "I'm getting all these vibrations in it."

       "You sure you're not just hungry again?" Jenna grinned, receiving a smack on the arm by Marlene.

       "Well, fingers crossed you and Remus both get the badge," said Alice kindly. "It would be great, having two Gryffindors as Head Boy and Girl."

      "Yeah, it definitely would," Lily chuckled. "I'll see you guys later, then."

      With that, she pushed her trolley forward and passed the barrier to go to the Muggle side and meet her parents. After bidding them goodbye, Alice and Marlene left as well.

       But Jenna remained there in platform 9 3/4, waiting for James and Sirius who always seemed to be the last ones getting out of train.

       "Okay, let's go," said James cheerfully when he finally showed up with Sirius. "This year's going to be great. I can feel it already."