33. Rescue story

Carla

"Axel". I called out to him to get everyone's attention.

"Lex you're here". Axel replied, while they all got up from their seats.

"What's going on". I asked. I feel like a little kid right now and I was confused to the core.

"While you were gone. We found out mum's whereabouts and we brought her back home". Axel explained.

"Alexandria. Is that you?". My birth mum called out to me.

"Yes. It's. Me". My voice was becoming shaky at this point.

The moment I set my life straight. The author of my story brings in something new.

"My child". She said before she attacked me with a bone crushing hug.

I was hesitant to hug her back.

Like c'mon after 19 years. I should be more excited. But instead it felt weird. Motherly affection has always been something I never had.

"How's this possible. Where did you guys find her". I said as I pulled away from the hug. I could see the pain in her eyes but I need time to adjust. I guess.

"Well you remember when I told you I was only with Tracy for some information". Axel started.

"Yes. Before you knocked her up".

"Yes before I knocked her up. We've been following a lead for a couple of years now. And it turns out that Tracy got tangled up with some people a couple years back. Those same people were working for the late Mr Reyes. Theo's father. It turns out even before Mr Reyes died he left strict instructions not to release her. So to cut the long story short. I got what I needed from Tracy, I tracked them down and I brought mum back home".

"Coolest rescue story ever".

"Well I am awesome after all".

"Focus children". There goes dad cutting into our fun. "Your mother is back after so many years let her rest".

"There's no need for that Drey". She said to my dad.

"Drey!!!". Axel and I said in unison.

"But Annie". My dad said.

"Annie??!!!" There goes Axel and I again.

"Alexandria my child. You might find this strange but I sent some text messages to you a few months ago"

"What that was you?". So those text messages I got. They were from her.

"Yes. That Tracy girl you mentioned. I was able to grab her phone one day, then I saw your number on it".

"Why didn't you tell us about those messages lex?" Axel asked me.

"I wanted to, but then I got distracted, then so many things started happening that I forgot in the process".

"It's okay Alexandria. What matters is that your mother is back". My dad said.

"Dad!!. Stop calling me Alexandria. It's Alexa remember?"

"I don't remember naming you that".

"But Alexandria is so long".

"You have to live with it. And I'm never calling you Alexa". My dad said with a smirk on his face. That was the closest thing my dad had to a smile.

"Alexandria who's the little boy?". Antoinette said. I don't think my brain chemistry will let me call her mum anytime soon.

"He's Donny. My brother".

"Brother!?". They all said in shock.

"He's the son of the man who took care of me".

"Oh. Mr Simpson. He really is a kind man. I remember the day I held you in my arms unconscious. He was the one who helped us and took you in".

"He was a nice man ma'am. His dead". Donny said.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry young man. By the way where's your mother. I would like to thank her".

"About that". I went on to narrate my whole life with Laura to her. And also what happened during our little trip to Ohio.

"I'm sorry young man. No child deserves such cruelty". Antoinette said.

"Well you're welcome to stay with us for as long as you wish". My dad said.

"It would be cool having another man in the house". Axel said.

"Now who wants to watch a movie". I said then everyone laughed.

Welcome to the Hernandez Mansion where movies never end.