30. Holy cheeseballs

Carla

I watched Jackson talk to the guy who splashed water on him.

Soon his expression turned from rage to attraction. Then out of no where they disappeared.

I felt a buzz in my hand and I checked my phone. It was a text from Jackson.

"Sorry to leave you alone babe. But he just asked me out for coffee".

"It's alright dude. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do 😉😁". I replied.

I think Jackson just found Hercules.

I wiped the smile off my face then turn back to the receptionist.

I explained to her all the information and records I needed.

"Sorry madam. But I'm afraid I can't release such information". Is she for real. I would have threatened her but it's a hospital.

"20 thousand". I told her.

"Excuse me?"

"Is 20 thousand dollars enough to get the records".

She looked at the floor and started to bite her nails as if she was thinking.

"Right this way madam". She said then she started walking towards where the records were kept.

People are so predictable nowadays.

She searched for a while before handing over a document to me.

I looked at it and it had all my information from three years ago on the day of the accident.

I looked at who had signed the bill and it was Theo's signature.

This means Theo was telling the truth. He was really the one who saved my life.

I hated him for so long just because of a misconception.

I was excited that I wanted to jump up and down.

"Madam. The money". The receptionist said.

I brought out my gun instead then I shot her leg.

"I would have killed you but I'm in a good mood. And by the way bribes are so not cool".

She was screaming in pain when I walked out.

I went back to my hotel room and I started waiting for Jackson so that I could tell him the good news.

I waited for so long that I got bored.

I felt like grabbing a cup of coffee so I went over to the nearby cafe.

I found a seat that was next to a window.

I have this habit of looking outside while I drink coffee.

Soon the waitress came and asked for my order.

"I'll have a chai latte with espresso".

"Right away miss". I looked up the see who the waitress was and holy cheeseballs.

"Laura?".

Laura Simpson.

The woman who raised me. The one who never showed me what a mother's love felt like. The one who told me I was bad luck. The one who said I was just a street brat her husband had pity on.

If you think I know alot of bitches. Well meet their queen.

"Well well well. If it isn't Laura Simpson". Honestly it's shocking seeing her work as a waitress. She had such a successful career.

"Carla. Wow you've grown up so much. It's so nice to see you". I think she lost her senses or maybe she got hit my a truck. Last time we spoke she was on full bitch mood.

"Sorry Laura but I go by Alexa now. Carla kinda died".

"Oh. Alexa it is. And stop calling me Laura. You can still call me mum".

"Mum???. Don't flatter yourself".

"It's alright. Donny really misses you. My shift will be over in ten minutes would you mind coming to see him".

Oh my gosh. Donny.

Donny and I grew up thinking we were siblings.

I wonder how he's doing now.

It wouldn't be nice if I didn't see him. He was in a coma when I left.

He'll be around 13 years old now.

"Fine. Whatever". I replied her then she went to get my coffee.