24. Father-Son-Dinner

Carla

I woke up bright and early with a plan brewing in my head.

I went to the office first, which was only natural. I was still getting used to the whole boss thing.

And you get to see Cole. Oh shut up conscience. I'm not going because of him. I'm going because I need to work. And seeing Cole is just part of the whole package.

Keep telling yourself that till you believe it.

I walked into the office and everyone stared in amazement. You can't blame them. This was the first time I've actually smiled in front of them.

"Don't you look happy today". Cole said handing over my coffee.

"Let's just say something's about to go down today". I told him taking a sip of the coffee. Honestly it was terrible. But I didn't say anything.

The day went by smoothly and that's a big improvement compared to the last couple days.

Cole was extremely nice to spend time with. He actually made working fun. And talking to him always made me smile.

With the work done it was time to start phase one of my plan.

Operation father-son-dinner was a go.

I went straight to Axel's room after I got home.

"Hey big brother"

"You look happy today. Let me guess Tracy's not home". He winked at me and gave me a smirk.

"If only that were the case. But that's not it. I want you to be downstairs in ten minutes. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am". He said then he gave me a playful salute.

I skipped all the way to my dad's office. He was busy as always and I knew exactly how to get him out.

"Hey Dad. I have something really important to discuss with you. It's about the company I'm handling". Lies. I was spitting out lies.

"What is it. Have a seat and tell me about it". My dad said offering me a seat.

"No dad. I think it would be best if we talked over dinner. I'm actually really hungry". More lies. God please forgive me. But it's for the greater good.

"Alright then. Let's go". My dad and I made our way over to the dinning room, where Axel was already sitting and waiting.

My dad and Axel exchanged glances and my dad sat down.

For as long as I've know my dad and Axel they've always shared a work relationship.

The only time they've actually eaten together was my mum's birthday breakfast.

Axel kept glaring at my dad, but my dad didn't seem affected one bit. I knew he was stone hearted but this was way too much, even for him.

Soon chef Zac came in alone with some maids and the food.

Chef Zac told us the name of the food and other stuff about it. But honestly I was just lost. Like I was literally an alien when it came to cooking.

We all started eating and I swear I could hear crickets. The silent was deafinging.

I needed to execute the other phase of my plan but I was kind of scared.

This wasn't the time to be scared. So I put on my big girl pants and I said something.

"Dad, Axel. I need to talk to both of you and it's important. And before you tell me to shut up and I need to finish. Dad maybe Axel never told you this but you ruined his childhood". I knew that I needed to be blunt in order to be heard.

"Lex". Axel tried to hush me but I was planning on listening. It was now or never.

"No Axel. You guys need to sort things out. Dad you made him feel like he was responsible for what had happened. You acted like he was a curse sent your way.
You treated him so badly when all he wanted was for his father to love him and notice him."

I took a long breath before I spoke again. "What do you have to say dad". My dad looked so shocked because of the words that just come out of my mouth.

"Son. Did I really make you feel that way. I know I wasn't really the best father but I never hated you. The thing was after your mum's disappearance, I lost what little was left of my humanity. I turned all my rage and anger towards you. Whenever I saw you I reminded of your mother. It only filled me with rage because I couldn't protect her". This was the first time my father actually spoke from the heart. The words where little but they were real.

"Listen up. Just because you spill out come sentimental shit about mum doesn't mean I'd forgive you for all the hell you put me through".

"Ax"

"I'm not done lex!!!." This was the first time Axel ever yelled at me. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. "But that doesn't mean I won't give our relationship a try. That's if you would". I never doubted my plan.

My dad got up and walked towards Axel.

Axel got up as well and they hugged each other. There's a first for everything.

And honestly it was quite easy making them admit their feelings and speaking to each other.

Oh the power of words.

"Hey I want in". I said and I squeezed in between them.

"Oh and dad. Axel's having a baby with Tracy". Someone had to spill the beans.

"You're what". Oh the look on my dad's face was absolutely priceless.

"About that. I kinda knocked her up". Axel said while running his hand through his hair.

"So dad. Do you prefer Gramps or Grandpa". We all burst into laughter.

This was my family. Smiling at last. The only thing missing was a good movie.

Buckle up Kessa I'm coming for you next.