Nightmare of the Future

Chapter 28

(following anime episodes 96 and 97)

          Everything was crimson red... The sky above the ruined city was coloured in pastel reds and pinks, leaving an impression of blood covered clouds dancing around the sky, looking like the wind was taking them far, far away, but not even the softest breeze could be felt in the air. Everything inside and outside, everything around was farcical and intangible and the surroundings seemed like... They were just an illusion.

"Where am I?" Hanako murmured into her chin, looking around, seeing nothing, but ruins with rock blocks sticking out of the ground, like someone threw a bomb on the Graveyard and made all of the tombs to crack and fall apart, leaving their leftovers spread all around the ground. No buildings, cars, traffic, any signs of life could be felt around, no matter how hard Hanako tried to look around for any signs of life, "What is this place?" She muttered again, while her heart was shivering in fear inside her chest, feeling like something bad was about to happen, so she started running away from unknown force, an enemy that was unbeknownst to her... but she kept going, alternating between her two feet, while her breath was becoming shorter and shorter. Her running body soon came into a halt, when she felt a soft earthquake making the ground tremble below her feet, followed by the roaring sound of thunder striking through the sky. Looking up, Hanako's eyes widened when they landed on a huge junk of scrap-iron parts sticking out of the redness of welkin above her head, "What the...?" She whispered to herself, seeing the construction in the air that looked like a castle at first glance, but there was something familiar inside of it, she just couldn't put her finger on it!

          "Baby!" She suddenly snapped out of her thoughts, turning around when she heard familiar voice behind her back.

"Yusei?" Hanako called his name, questioning her sight in confusion, because she was finding it hard to believe that Yusei was trapped in this weird dimension just like her. She was able to smile warmly as soon as her eyes landed on his figure, but her facial expression drastically changed, altering into fear and dismay, seeing a strange mechanical construction planted on his right eye, "Yusei, what happened to you? Are you all right?" She ran to him, watching him smile sweetly at her, as she cupped his cheeks, studying his face thoroughly.

          "I am fine, my love", he whispered, making Hanako's heart to skip a beat at his words, while her cheeks started blushing softly, "Don't worry!" He added, being so kind and gentle, Hanako was trying to realise what was going on, but her effort went down the drain when Yusei cupped her cheeks in return and leaned his forehead against hers, letting her stare into his left eye, seeing how his entire right frontal was covered in junk of metal with a red circle resembling the right eye.

"Yusei, what is going on?" She asked, feeling a strange aura coming from his body, making her own body to tremble in fear of the unknown, so she pulled away from his touch.

          "We have to go there", he answered, not minding her reaction at all, as he just pointed his finger up to the sky, showing her place he was referring to.

"And how are we supposed to get here?" Hanako asked suspiciously, getting the strange feeling from Yusei's figure that was standing before her eyes, so she started doubting the veracity of his appearance.

          "I will take you there!" Yusei smiled, leaving again another suspicious trace in Hanako's overall impression on him, but she just nodded her head, wanting to know what will happen and where she was. Her reaction made Yusei chuckle, as he reached his hand towards her in attempt to take her to that strange castle sticking out of the sky.