Crossing Your Path

Chapter 4
(following anime episode 29)

          Hanako was speeding through Satellite searching for Yusei or at least any sign of his presence around. She intended to visit his Hideout but she thought she might find some familiar faces here in the centre because his guys used to cross these streets a lot in the past and even though she knew it was almost two years ago, she somehow felt like she has to be here for an unknown reason. Jim's Bar was full of people, they were all men standing, sitting or laying on the street; some of them were drunk, some drugged... They looked like they completely lost their will to live while Satellite itself didn't look better either. It was like people were just a reflection of the city itself. "I don't get it... Satellite has so much to offer and look at this", she was sad with tears gathering in her eyes making them glow. She couldn't believe how someone can use people from here to work and gather scraps but not let them go to Neo Domino City and use their full potential. She was trying not to bother with people around her but she couldn't foresee it. Their energy was too hard to bare for Hanako's own spirit. While she was trying not to feel or suck in their emotions, she almost crashed into a weird and tall guy, so she turned left on the next corner to avoid any dangerous situation. She was now hiding behind the wall with her runner next to her. Guy she almost hit was wearing a hooded cape and a strange hieroglyph sign engraved on it.

"Theses creepies again", she murmured looking at them from the corner.

          "Hope", shouted a man, who was hiding behind a hooded cape, "Hope in the land of Satellite!" He shouted but he wasn't alone. Another guy came with him; they were standing in the centre of the street, surrounded by drunken males but their presence drew attention not only from them but from everyone who was near at the moment. Hanako was watching them from the corner of a minor street, where she parked her runner. She was listening to what those creepy guys have to say.

"The Crimson Dragon that came forth in Neo Domino City is a wicked god who brings forth disaster to this world. Should the city and Satellite be destined to tremble at the rage of the Wicked God and both perish from this world?"

          "What is he blabbering about?" Hanako was listening closely to what they had to say. She started wondering what this Crimson Dragon they are talking about is and just what is going on in the city.

"No! The Crimson Dragon has chosen the city, the land of fools!" Said the first guy in the end before another one jumped in.

          "Oh wise people of Satellite! Embrace hope!"

"What hope, you idiot? Can't you see what Satellite looks like?" Hanako rolled her eyes whispering to herself.

          "Those who have gathered around us shall definitely be saved from this curse!" Said one of them again and Hanako saw a ray of light in the sky.

"What is that thing?" She thought when she saw a silk-like strings coming from the sky down towards the people of Satellite.

          "Hope..." Murmured one drunken man from the group of people after they all gathered around those two creepy guys.

"Hope..." their voices were spreading through the city like an echo.

          "It looks like that creepies are brainwashing them somehow", she whispered thinking about how those rays from the above had to do something with people's strange behaviour.

"The hope in Satellite!" Shouted the group of men with one voice.

          "Yep... Definitely brainwashed", Hanako giggled. For some reason, she found this group of drugged and drunken males funny and cute knowing how she should be worried instead.