Ghost in Disguise

Chapter 15

(following anime episode 66)

          The sun started rising again, bringing new day to Neo Domino City, while Jack and Crow were speeding through the streets, looking out for Yusei and Hanako, searching on the way for any signs of duelling.

"To thought we'd be driving whole night and he had to show up just now!" Jack shouted angrily, looking at the rising sun, thinking about Ghost showing up like that.

          "Yeah", Crow nodded, "I just hope Yusei and Hanako are doing OK..."

"Don't worry about them!" Jack smirked proudly, "If anyone can be drawn into a duel and get away with it, it's surely Yusei!"

          "I know, but it's Hanako I'm worried about", Crow whispered with worried look on his face.

"You think she might be in danger?" Jack asked, looking at his screen, trying to realise what Crow was thinking about, but his worried face showed no signs of anything in particular.

          "No", Crow murmured, thinking about how Hanako lost her positive energy again, but it seemed like he was the only one to notice that, "It's not that!"

"Then what is it?!?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

          "It's Yusei!" Crow finally said, feeling like his theory might be right.

"Where?!?" Jack jumped out from surprise, looking around to see if he can see any signs of Yusei near the streets of Neo Domino City, because Crow must have seen him somewhere.

          "Nowhere, Jack!" Crow rolled his eyes, "It's because of him I'm worried for Hanako!" He sighed, slightly irritated by Jack's cluelessness, "Can't you figure it out yourself?!?"

Jack shook his head, before he realised what was Crow talking about, "Don't tell me they are-" His voice was cut in half by the sound of weird noise on Crow's screen.

          "What the-?!?" Crow raised an eyebrow, looking at his screen, when his eyes widened in surprise, seeing Hanako's face, "Baby?!?"

"I'm here, Crow!" Hanako smiled, "Are you guys all right!?!"

          "Yeah!" Crow nodded in relief, "Jack and I are OK, but we can't get in touch with Yusei", he tried to explain.

"Me neither..." She murmured, "Something is not rig-" She tried to say, but then Jack jumped in.

          "Maybe we should find him!"

"It's no use Jack, we separated!" Crow said, shaking his head, "It will take hours to reach the north point of the city!"

          "But if we start now, we might be there before..." Hanako started, when she saw the duelling lane opened and activated, "...the duel ends!" She ended slowly, keeping her eyes locked on the duelling lane.

"Duel?!?" Jack was surprised.

          "There's a duel starting near the exit to the north lane! I'm going there!" She said with determination in her voice, speeding up her runner, hoping to meet Yusei on her way.

"Hey, Baby! Wait for us!" Crow shouted, increasing the speed of his runner.

          "Yeah, it's too dangerous!" Jack added, turning his runner and heading north.

"There's no time to waste! Yusei might be in danger!" Hanako said, feeling like she has to be there as soon as possible.

          "What?!?" Crow and Jack shouted in unison.