Sapphire Eyes Part I

Chapter 6
(following anime episode 35)

Part I

          "How could I be so stupid?!?" Hanako shouted to herself while she was driving away from Yusei's Hideout with tears falling from her eyes and entering the speed of wind, dancing away like autumn leaves, "I should've stayed with them to wait for him to come back! After all, he always kept his promises..." She thought as the wind was playing with her hair while her breath was shorter, as her speed increased. She had no idea where she's going and the night was getting scarier as she remembered those creepy guys still taking away people from Satellite and hiding them somewhere deep within the city. She was looking for a good place to hide because she was already far away from Daedalus Bridge, so there was no way back until the sun rises again... She was looking around to see if she can think of something when she remembered Martha's place.

"That's it! Martha always had good advice! Maybe she can let me stay overnight at her place", a small smile appeared on Hanako's face when she realised how Martha is only two blocks away. She kept on accelerating just to reach Martha's as soon as possible because her body started to shiver as the night was becoming darker than usual. When she reached a huge house with few floors, lights were still turned on, so she approached the door and knocked when she heard some steps getting closer to her.

          When the door opened, Hanako was staring at an older lady with black skin and dark brown hair in a dark dress; she was higher than Hanako for one head length and was wearing a warm smile on her face.

"Baby?" Woman was surprised at first glance.

          "Hi there, Martha", Hanako returned a smile trying to hide her inner feelings of suffer and sorrow, "May I come in?"

"Sure thing, cutie", Martha opened the door for her and Hanako entered when kids started shouting one after the other.

          "Hanako!" She heard a kid's voice from behind the walls when a little boy ran to her.

"Well hello cutesy", she kneeled down and tapped child's shoulder when another kid ran out of the room.

          "Baby, you're back!" Little girl was smiling as she ran into Hanako's embrace.

The third kid also came to see her and soon she was surrounded by bunch of kids not knowing in which direction to turn first.

          "Popular among the kids as always, aren't we?" Martha shook her head with hands on her hips, "Go to sleep everyone! Bedtime's already behind us!"

"But we wanted to see Hanako!" Little girl shouted moving away from Hanako's embrace.

          "I know but she's staying with us tonight, so you'll see her tomorrow when you wake up!"

Hanako was caught by Martha's words! It was like she read her thoughts; she intended to sleepover here but didn't mention anything to Martha because she didn't got a chance yet, "Well... I guess it's the way Martha is! Always one step ahead of us all", Hanako smiled and accompanied children to their beds giving her hands to them to hold.

          "Hey, Baby! When I wake up tomorrow, will you show me how to ride a D-Wheel?" One boy asked holding Hanako's hand between his palms.

"I will but you have to have your breakfast first thing in the morning, 'kay?" She gave him a smile and little boy nodded giving a smile in return.

          "And I want to see your deck!" another boy smiled.

"Me too", added another kid.

          "And I wanna hear one of your stories about hero from Satellite!"