The Darkness of Yusei's Heart Part I

Chapter 21

(following anime episode 77)

Part I

          Jack was impatiently tapping the floor of Poppo Time's garage, while Doctor Schmidt was checking Hanako's health state and Crow was nervously going back and forth, stepping like a soldier, with hands behind his back. They called for Dr. Schmidt to check Hanako, because they trusted him more than anyone else, on top of it, Zola was the one sticking with the plan, so that Hanako can stay at home, where she was safe.

"Doctor, how is she?" Crow suddenly jumped in front of Dr. Schmidt, looking at him with concern, so Jack approached him, waiting for his results.

          "She had a minor concussion and few injuries but she's doing perfectly fine", the Doctor explained with a smile.

"I'm glad", Crow sighed with relief, closing his eyes.

          "But there is something strange", Doctor suddenly said, making both of them to pay more attention to his presence, so he continued, "Something stopped her from drowning!"

"Well, yeah", Crow said proudly, like it was obvious, "Yusei found her and pulled her out of the water!"

          "I get that part, but something stopped the water from coming inside her lungs", Dr. Schmidt said with confusion in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked.

          "It's similar to CPR", he started, "But instead of performing it after the water has already entered, you stop the water from coming in in the first place!"

"So you don't think that Yusei..." Jack murmured, trying to think about what the Doctor was trying to say.

          "Argh!" Crow hissed, "If he did something to her, I'll..."

"I save her life!" All three of them heard a familiar voice in the background that made them turn their heads, seeing Yusei standing at the entrance to the garage, "Isn't that enough?"

          "Yusei!" Crow hissed again, but Yusei didn't seem to mind. He remained calm and collected, as he looked at the doctor with the serious look on his face.

"Is she all right?"

          "Yes, everything is under control. She just needs some time to rest", he smiled at Yusei, "And knowing her, she'll probably jump out of the bed tomorrow like nothing happened!"

"Thank you", Yusei nodded as a sign of understanding, so Doctor Schmidt packed his stuff and left the garage.

          "Call me if something happens", he said to Yusei, before he left.

* * *

When the morning knocked on Poppo Time's door, Jack was already across the house at the cafe, drinking his favourite coffee, while Crow was making sandwiches for breakfast in the kitchen, since he was the one, who was sleeping on the couch last night, because they moved Hanako to his room after she crashed. He was happily whistling, while cutting the bread pieces to prepare sandwiches mostly for himself and for Hanako, so that she can feel better.

          "What's up, Crow?" He suddenly heard soft and sweet voice, turning his head only to see Hanako standing on the doorway, smiling at him like a morning sunshine.

"Baby?" He freaked out, "What are you doing outside your bed?"

          "First, it's your bed, silly", she giggled, "Second, it's morning, so I woke up!"