A New Threat

Chapter 14

(following anime episode 65)

          It has been six months since the battle with the Dark Signers ended and Neo Domino City was finally connected to Satellite, leaving boundaries between people be just the part of the past. Undergoing a complete change, Neo Domino City became the centre of unity, as every single person was united as one, to restore the City after the Signers finally brought peace among citizens.

Yusei went for a ride to breathe in some fresh air and to enjoy the view of the new city that he created with the help of his friends almost half a year ago. With Hanako driving her runner next to him, they were speeding around the city in silence, not talking to each other and it was something Hanako was able to understand completely. Just like Yusei, she loved being either alone or just silent with him by her side... She got lost in her thoughts, so she never realised how silence has taken over them for such a long time. Ever since they started their ride, he hasn't said a single word to her, but she wasn't any different nor was she disturbed by that fact. However, none of them had a single clue about how something bad will soon to happen...

          Hanako got lost in her thoughts, looking around the city to enjoy the breathtaking view of unity between the citizens of Satellite and Neo Domino City, when something else drew her attention. She saw a huge poster glued to one of the buildings, so she stopped her runner all of a sudden, making Yusei leave her behind. It wasn't like her to stop so unexpectedly, but that poster being glued to the building by one of the workers just couldn't escape her yes.

"Baby!" Yusei stopped his runner almost half a mile farther, turning in the opposite direction, speeding back to the place where Hanako stopped, "Is something wrong?"

          "Check this out!" She shouted, pointing with her finger to the worker that was adjusting the poster to the building wall.

"W.R.G.P.?"

          "Do you think we can apply for the tournament?" She smiled.

"Tournament?" Yusei was still slightly confused, trying to figure out what she was talking about, when he saw a text underneath the title. Riding Duel Acceleration, it said.

          "Yeah!" Hanako nodded happily, "World Racing Grand Prix!" She explained to Yusei, using the full name of the title.

"I see..." Yusei murmured, "It could be a great opportunity for us to test our skills!" He smiled.

          "Exactly!" Hanako shouted happily, "And applies are in teams consisting of three members!"

"Tag Duelling?" Yusei raised an eyebrow.

          "I don't know but it's worth checking, don't you think?" She turned her head back at him, "I bet Crow and Jack would be thrilled!" Hanako couldn't hide her excitement, as she was impatiently waiting to share this with Crow and Jack.

"Sure", Yusei nodded, "Let's go back to the garage!" He started his engine, entering the streets in full speed, so Hanako did the same, trying to catch up with him...

          They were going back to their garage at Zola's place. She was Martha's friend, who lived in Neo Domino City and was happy to help and take the four of Martha's now grown up kids under her roof. However, they still had to pay for the bills and buy themselves food, so they decided to get a job, while in Neo Domino City. Crow was doing delivery on his Blackbird, Hanako was always running around the city to repair and fix devices and household appliances, while Yusei did his best to develop the new engine for W.R.G.P, as Crow and Jack were more than happy to apply for the tournament.