When All Seems Lost

Chapter 23

(following anime episodes 81 and 82)

          Bruno kept sitting still on his chair in the garage, looking at the profile of a man, whose appearance was unknown to him, but from what he heard from Yusei and the others, they knew who this guy was...And his name was Yeager!

"Could this mean that he stole our programme?" Yusei asked, trying to find a proper explanation for this, not knowing himself what to do or even what to think right now, because he was having a hard time to connect Yeager with stealing the programme he developed with Bruno's help.

          "No doubt it's him!" Jack said coldly, "Since the fingerprint's been found, there's no mistaking it!"

Crow turned to Jack, seeing how he was still keeping his eyes locked on the screen like everyone else, but he decided to speak, "But, why did that guy...?" He was seeking for an answer, but everyone kept being silent, when it finally hit him, "Could it be that he was ordered to bring it by someone else?!"

          "We don't know the reason", Jack started, "But we have no option but to ask him directly!"

"And after he stole the programme, you really think he's going to confess the guilt?" Hanako's left eyebrow rose at Jack, because she found it ridiculous to just ask him about the programme out of nowhere! She knew Yeager would negate the accusations, no matter what they do!

          "That programme can be useful to anyone who steals it", Bruno said, giving his own opinion on the subject, trying to help his new friends with possible scenario he came up with inside of his mind, "If he gives it to someone else, he can sell it for a high price!"

"I see", Yusei murmured, as he started deeply thinking about it, considering how Bruno's words might be true, because he couldn't find any other reasonable explanation.

          "If that's true, then he should have acting alone", Jack came up with the conclusion.

"So we just have to catch him then?"

          "Then, it's decided", Yusei nodded to Crow's words with a firm determination to bring this to an end as soon as possible, because that programme is more valuable to them, then Yeager or anyone else could think of.

"But how are you going to find him anyway?" Hanako asked all three of them, assuming they already had a plan if they were so determined to clear this mess up.

          "Just leave it to us", Yusei turned to her and gave her a warm smile, waiting for her reaction, but she didn't seem to be so sure about it all... Then, out of nowhere, she moved her eyes to Bruno, so Yusei did the same, following the path of her sight, as his eyes soon softened, realising how Bruno looked like he was feeling down, so he placed a hand on his right shoulder, as the same smile he gave to Hanako appeared again on his face, "That programme... Is a bond that we created to achieve all of our dreams!"

Bruno's eyes widened at the sudden feeling of someone's warmth taking over his shoulder, so he looked over it, seeing how Yusei smiled to him, so he murmured his name, "Yusei..."

          "We'll definitely get our bond back!"

"Perfect!" Hanako shouted happily, assuming how it was all settled now, knowing Yusei will probably take Crow and Jack with him, so she can spend some time with Bruno, while they're gone, "You three go, and Bruno will stay here with me!" She clapped her fingers with joy, smiling brightly, as she started moving to the chair next to Bruno's, so that she can sit beside him, thinking about all of the questions that she wanted to ask him and all of the things she wanted to learn about mechanics.