Chapter : 23

Carly 

"Come and get me bad boy." I teased, skipping from foot to foot, a smirk on my face. 

Xavier growled playfully, narrowing his eyes at me as he slowly edged closer. I watched his every move, looking for a weakness, though I couldn't see any. 

Xavier had decided that it would be fun to take me away from my training for the day so that we could spar together. So far I hadn't managed to pin him but I planned to change that very quickly. Finally I saw a flaw. I noticed that every time he was about to strike me he would step with his right foot. 

Knowing this I was able to spin to the left and dodge his attack, taking him off guard. I jumped towards him, sweeping my leg out I managed to take his legs out from under him, knocking him onto his back. I swiftly jumped on top of him, working to pin his arms. 

This proved to be more difficult then I thought it would be. I struggled as Xavier tried to pull his large arms out of my grip. After a minute of this I pinned one of his arms to his stomach before trapping it there by laying on it. After this I was able to pin his other arm, finally winning a round. 

"I win!" I hollered happily, sitting so I was straddling him. 

After my few minutes of happy victory I looked down at Xavier to see that he was staring up at me, a small, dopey smile on his face. My cocky grin slipped off of my lips and was replaced with a tender smile. 

"Your so adorable." Xavier muttered to me before he reached up, cupped my cheeks in his hands and brought my lips down to his. 

The kiss was small and sweet, nothing to much seeing as we were in the back yard of the pack house. I leaned my for head against his, staring into the eyes that I love oh so much. 

"Break it up you two!" A voice called out, making me jump. I looked up and saw that the group was standing on the deck, staring down at us. Noah was smirking so I assumed that it was him who called out. 

A blush lit up my cheeks as I groaned and dropped my head down on to Xaviers chest. My head moved up and down as Xavier chuckled, causing me to laugh as well. 

"Are you two coming or not?" Gracie called and I didn't even need to look up to see the smirk on her face. 

I sighed and pushed myself up, holding my hands out for Xavier to grab. He chuckled once again before taking my hands, helping me to pull him to his feet. 

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked nobody in particular, unaware that we were going anywhere at all. Xavier wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked into the house. 

"Well as you know it is custom for a pack to have a welcoming ceremony for the Luna when she is found, and today is yours." Xavier answered, happiness dripping off of his words. I tensed slightly, surprised with the sudden news. 

When Mason had found me he had continuously put off the ceremony until he eventually told me that it wasnt going to happen at all. I had been so sad that day that I had locked myself away in my bedroom, though nobody seemed to notice. 

Xavier was staring down at me expectantly. waiting for me to say something. A hesitant smile lifted my lips. 

"Okay." I said quietly. Xavier beamed at me before leaning down to peck my lips softly. 

"Okay, okay enough of that. Lets go get you ready." Gracie ordered. I laughed as she took my hand and pulled me away from Xavier, rushing me up the stairs. 

Gracie and Faith were quick to get started. They began by brushing out my long, curly hair before pushing me towards the bathroom, placing two towels in my arms.