Chapter:30

Carly

"Mommy I want this one!" Aiden cried out angrily as he stomped his small foot on the ground.

I raised my eyebrow at his behavior and placed my hands on my hip.

"Aiden." I warned him as I stared down at him. Aiden continued to glare at me as he held the large package of candies.

"I want it." My son stubbornly demanded.

It was a Saturday and with one glance in the large fridge at home I saw that we were overdue for a shopping trip. After writing up a list with Melinda Aiden and I made the trek into town.

It wasn't often that Aiden would throw a fit, because he is a relatively happy child, but at the moment his true age was showing.

"Aiden I said no." I firmly repeated. The large bag of candy that Aiden held was not only expensive but was also far to much for him.

Aiden scrunched his little face up before sighing dramatically and placing the bag back onto the shelf.

"Thank you baby." I told him as I squatted down next to him. Aiden looked angry and tried to avoid my gaze.

"I'll tell you what." I began, gaining his attention. "If your good for the rest of the trip then I'll buy you an ice cream cone on the way home."

I bribed him. Aiden looked as if he was considering it for a moment before a smile lit up his face and he nodded.

"Okay."

And that was that. I once again grabbed his hand and continued to lead him around the large shop with me.

The town closest to the pack was a small one, with only one large grocery store. Though the town was very close to pack territory it was, surprisingly enough, neutral territory.

I had just finished placing the last thing on the list in the cart when I felt a presence behind me.

Turning around, my eyes widened when I saw five large men, towering over me.

I felt slight panic begin to rise in my chest but pushed it away before carefully reaching down and picking Aiden up, placing him on my hip.

Aiden clutched my shirt and hid his face in my neck. The men were all large and very intimidating and after taking in their scents I realized that they weren't rogues but pack wolves.

This helped me to relax, if only slightly. I immediately picked out the alpha and beta of the group and stared at them with questioning faces.

"Can I help you?" I questioned and though my voice was quiet I know that they heard me.

Before they got the chance to answer I felt multiple people behind me, and with a glance back I saw that it was my pack guards.

Adrian was present and he stepped forward, a quiet growl vibrating through the air.

"Luna do you know these men?" He questioned as he slightly stepped in front of me. I silently shook my head, causing his gaze to harden.

"State your business." Adrian demanded, his voice having taken on a hostile tone.

The alpha of the group looked as if he was slightly angry with the disrespect he was given but shook it off and did as told.

"I need to see your alpha." The man spook. I frowned and tightened my grip on Aiden.

"Why couldn't you have simply called and made an appointment?" Adrian questioned, his voice swimming in suspicion.

"There is no time for that, I must speak with him right away." The alpha demanded, sounding impatient.