Epilogue

Carly

"Mommy! Come play!" The small voice of my son called out. I chuckled softly and pushed myself up out of my lawn chair.

The hot summer sun beat down on my back as I walked down the patio steps and broke into a light jog, chasing after my son.

The high pitched giggle filled my ears as I reached down to scoop him up, becoming louder as I swung the small boy up and onto my hip. I began to lightly tickle his sides, a smile appearing at the sound of his laughter.

"I'll save you Declan!" Aidens voice suddenly filled my ears and I turned in time to see him running towards us. Aiden clasped onto my legs and attempted to pull me down, using all of his body weight.

I was laughing loudly at this point and began to slowly, carefully, lower me and Declan to the ground. Aiden quickly scrambled to my side and pried my hands from his younger brother.

Declans small body rolled off of me and he was quick to push himself to his wobbly toddler legs. Aiden reached out and grasped his baby brothers hand in his own, gently tugging him in a direction away from me.

It was adorable to watch Declan try to keep up with his older brother and after a ten second wait I began to chase after them. The boys screamed when they saw me coming, bursting into giggles afterwards.

I playfully chased my two sons around the spacious back yard for about five minutes before I reached them and scooped them both up, hugging them to my chest.

Declan was giggling uncontrollably while Aiden was smiling up at me in glee, his green eyes sparkling. I kissed them both on the cheeks, smoothing down Declans wild dark hair.

"Whats going on here?" A deep voice questioned from behind us.

"Daddy!" The two boys yelled at the same time, breaking away from me to run to their father. I watched with fond eyes as Xavier lifted both boys into his arms, spinning as he did so.

It always baffled me to see Xavier and Declan side by side, the resemblance was uncanny, just as it had been with Mason and Aiden.

A sad, but small, ping hit my heart at the thought of my ex mate, as it always did. I hardly thought about Mason nowadays, seeing as it had been four years I had gotten the time I needed to move on, but when I did I was always just a little bit sad.

Though Aiden remembered his father he didn't remember him well and shortly after his death he had began to call Xavier his daddy. It was strange at first but we all got used to it eventually.

Aiden was six years old now and I'm sure that memories of his father are very vague. I know that he will have questions one day but that day isn't today, that I am thankful for.

Xaviers arms wrapped around my waist, causing me to jump. I smiled.and rested into him, watching the boys playing in the distance. I had fallen pregnant with Declan three years ago and it had been one of the happiest days of my life.

Declan had not been planned but we loved him just the same, just as we loved Aiden. The boys got along great and it had been a huge relief to us both. Of course Aiden had been a little jealous of the new baby at first but eventually his curiosity got the better of him and he's loved Declan ever since.

"What are you thinking about love?" Xaviers deep voice spoke into my ear, causing me to shiver. I smiled fondly and turned in his arms, resting my hands flat on his chest.

"Our sons, you, our life." I answered, raising my eyebrows in a challenging way when he began to chuckle softly.

"Could you be more specific my lovely mate?" I playfully rolled my eyes at him and slid my arms down and wrapped them around his waist. I rested my chin on his chest and looked up at him.

"I was thinking about how lucky I am to have you, them, this life really."'I spoke truthfully, watching as a tender smile lifted Xaviers lips.

"Really? Because I was just thinking the same thing." His husky voice made me shiver before his lips were on mine, capturing them in a heated kiss.

"Eww! Stop!" Our moment was broken by the sound of our oldest son. I groaned and pulled away from Xavier. Aiden had covered Declans small eyes, his face scrunched up, while the two year old tried to pry his hands away.

I shook my head and laughed.

"Ill show you eww little boy." I teased as I began to wiggle my fingers. I watched as two pairs of eyes widened.
"The tickle monster is going to get you guys!" I cried out dramatically as I began to once again chase after them.

Xavier soon joined in and as we chased our young sons around the backyard I felt at peace and utterly pleased with the way my life had turned out.

.................................................................

Hey guys (:

So there it is, the end of The Runaway Mate. Im so happy to have finally finished this book and I hope you all enjoyed it. The sequel, The Alphas Return, is up now so go give it a read if you'd like.

- Katelynn (: