Chapter:35

Carly

The pack house was practically silent as we entered it and I was confused as to where all of the members were. Taylor and Eric led us into the living room and my eyes slightly widened in surprise at the familiar room.

I took in the scents surrounding me and held Aiden closer, painful memories resurfacing.

"Let me see my grand baby." A feminine voice called out as I felt a hand rest on my shoulder.

I spun in surprise and turned to see Cindy, Masons mom, standing in front of me with her arms outstretched.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I handed Aiden off to his grandmother and I watched fondly as he hugged her tightly.

"It's good to finally see you Carly." Paul spoke to me as he joined our small group.

I felt a surge of guilt flood my body as I looked into Paul's eyes and saw his remorse. I pursed my lips and glanced away from him.

"You as well Paul." I answered, pushing the tears from my eyes. It was as if Paul felt my ever present guilt as he took me into his strong arms. I slowly hugged him back as he patted my back.

"I know that you are feeling guilty for what happened but you shouldn't be. Though our son wasn't a very good person I loved him very much but with that in mind even I know that the rampage he was on was never going to end. You did the right thing." Paul's voice was filled with emotion but it never wavered.

"Thank you." I whispered. I quickly cleared my throat and pulled back, joining Xavier at his side.

"This is my mate, Xavier Jones." I once again introduced my mate. Paul and Cindy were both very polite and respectful towards Xavier and surprisingly enough it wasn't awkward.

"Well it is time to go." Cindy announced as she glanced at her watch. I sighed quietly, wrapped my hand in Xaviers and followed them out the door.

Cindy and Paul walked slightly ahead of us, whispering quietly, while Taylor and Eric walked slightly behind us. I knew that we were heading towards the holy ground of the territory, where all of the deceased members are buried.

My nerves started to peak as we neared the area and I couldnt help but to think that this wasnt going to go as smoothly as I would like.

Xavier pulled me closer to his side and I slightly relaxed as the calming tingles took over. Aiden began to squirm in Cindys arms and after a few moments she had no choice but to pass him to me.

I held Aiden to me tightly, taking in his scent and letting it calm my nerves. The moment we stepped through the trees and into the clearing I felt three hundred pairs of eyes land on me and my family.

I gulped quietly and took a deep breath in through my nose, releasing it out my mouth. My eyes danced around the extremely large clearing, taking in the hundreds of headstones, marking graves.

The crowd parted for us as we walked and we were provided a clear path right to the spot, where Mason laid in a casket. My breath hitched as soon as my eyes landed on his pale, still form.

I had always found Mason attractive, no matter what he did to me, and right now was no exception. His brown hair was neatly brushed back, his skin pale. They had managed to cover up his fatal wounds with an expensive looking suit.

"Daddy." A small voice whispered, close to my ear. My breath got caught in my throat as I heard Aiden call out to his father and tears immediately filled my eyes.

I turned away from the casket and walked a few feet away. Aiden had buried his face in my neck and was holding me tightly. I tried to gently pull him from me but when he refused to release his hold I had to gently pry his fingers.