Chapter: 20

Carly 

"He's not taking you away from here." Xavier growled out. His arms tightened around me, so much that it nearly hurt. Xaviers growls filled the room while his shaking body is doing the same to my own. His blue eyes that I love so much are now a frightening shade of black. 

I cautiously raise my hand and place it on his cheek, cupping it softly. If Xavier had been my mate then my touch would have instantly calmed him but seeing as I wasn't my touch did little, only making his pitch black eyes meet my own. 

As I stared into the bottom less holes that were Xaviers eyes at the moment I couldn't help but to feel a sliver of fear creep up my spine. He growled directly at me this time, causing me to gulp and shrink into his chest. 

Xavier growled once again, at my actions, before plunging his head forward and burying it in my neck. He deeply inhaled my scent, gripping my arms and pulling me closer to him. 

I was utter confused, not to mention terrified, with Xaviers actions. My wide eyes darted to Collins, begging him to do something, and I watched as his eyes widened suddenly, realization filling them. Collin was on his feet in seconds, running forward and snatching me out of Xaviers arms. I gasped and immediately locked my arms around Collins neck. 

Xavier stood up so fast that his chair flew back into the wall. His snarl practically shook the room, causing me to whimper in fear. Xaviers eyes snapped to me before he tried to rip me out of Collins hold. 

"Mine!" Xavier snarled out. Every single person in the room flinched due to his overpowering alpha tone. 

"Mine! Mine! Mine!" 

My head was spinning as I watched how Xavier was acting. I didn't understand his behavior, he was acting like an overprotective mate, but the most confusing thing was the fact that his wolf was in complete control. 

I lightly slapped Collins chest when he began to try to take me out of the room, wanting him to put me down. Xaviers outraged growls and demands for me were making my heart ache painfully. 

"Are you sure? He's not in control of himself at the moment. " Collin told me, worry clear in his voice. I nodded my head once and immediately rushed towards my alpha once my feet were back on the ground. 

Seth, Noah and the other men in the room were restraining Xavier but as soon as they saw me running towards them they released him. I threw myself into Xaviers arms, wrapping myself tightly around him, like a vice. 

His growls immediately subsided. His body was still tense, a sure sign that his wolf was still i control. 

"I'm here, I'm right here." I whispered into his chest. Xavier dropped his head to my neck. He ran his nose up and down my neck, taking in my scent, causing shivers to run up and down my spine. 

He growled again but this time it was different, it was a pleasurable growl. I clung to him tighter and before I even had time to register what was happening Xaviers teeth were sinking into my neck. 

I cried out in pain, tears gathering in my eyes due to the pain. My mouth opened to release a scream but instead a very embarrassing moan left my lips, pleasure washing over my body. 

I went slack in Xaviers arms, unable to keep myself up due to my jello legs. My heavy breathing was all that could be heard in the dead silent room and when I gathered the energy to drop my head back and look up at Xavier I saw that he had gained control of his body back. 

I saw the horror in his eyes, horror because he realized what his wolf had done. Tears gathered in my eyes but I couldn't force myself to stay conscious as exhaustion swept over me.