Chapter:10

*Carly's POV*

I released a large breath out of my nose and balled my hands at my sides. The school in front of me was slightly smaller then my high school back home but that didn't help me to calm my raging nerves.

Xavier had just pulled his car into the senior parking lot of West Mount high school and nervous wasn't even a good word to describe what I was currently feeling. I have never been good at meeting new people so being the new girl at a new school isn't exactly at the top of my to do list.

I had woken up this morning fine and after I had gotten Aiden ready for the day and dropped him off with Melinda I had gotten into Xavier's car and he had driven me to school. Gracie had ridden to school with Collin while the others had driven their own vehicles.

"Hey, don't worry, you are going to be fine." Xavier suddenly spoke up, reaching over to place his large hand over my smaller one. My eyes darted to his and I gave him a small smile, feeling grateful that I had him with me to calm the nerves. He then gestured towards the doors in a somewhat questioning way and when I gave him a small nod he opened the drivers door, stepping out.

I knew that every student that was currently in the parking lot was watching so after I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and counted to three I also stepped out of the sleek car. As soon as I had stepped out I felt the weight of multiple pairs of eyes on me and I probably would have run away if a large hand hadn't of been wrapped around my waist, gently leading me towards the school.

I didn't need to look to know that it was Xavier and I also didn't need to thank him in words because I knew that he could feel my gratitude as I let my body relax, molding myself to his side. I glanced around at the people in the parking lot and wasn't surprised to find many girls glaring at me while most of the guys wouldn't even dare to sneak a peak. I was aware that it looked like Xavier and I are a couple but I honestly couldn't care less, let people think what they want because I know the truth.

The inside of the school was plain with boring white walls and beige lockers connected to them. There wasn't nearly as many people in the school as there was outside but the few small groups that were hanging around the hall didn't stop themselves from staring at us for at least a few seconds. After a few more minutes of walking through the school Xavier led me through a door and into a small office.

A friendly looking lady sat at a small desk in front of us, quietly humming along to some unknown tune, and when Xavier politely cleared his throat her head snapped to us. When she realized that Xavier was present she slightly bowed her head in a respectful manner.

"Alpha, how may I help you?" She questioned in a sweet voice. Xavier flashed her a polite smile and then gestured to me.

"This is a new pack member of ours, Carly Faye, and today is her first day here so she is going to be needing her schedule." Xaviers voice was powerful and anybody, werewolf or mot, could feel the power that always lingered around him. The lady, who's name plate read Mrs. Jones, nodded her head and then started searching through a manila folder on her desk. After a few seconds she pulled out multiple papers.

"Here you are dear." Mrs. Jones said with a bright smile, handing the papers to me. Xavier and I both thanked her before walking back out in the hallway. The school had gotten a lot more crowded in the five minutes that we had been in the office but I didn't need to worry about being bumped into because people seemed to part for Xavier like the red sea.

Xavier asked for my schedule and I was disappointed to learn that we only had one class together, physical education, my least favorite subject. I began looking around the hallway for any of our other friends but known of them were in site. Suddenly the warning bell rang, a sign that it is time to get to class.