Chapter:2

*Carly's POV*

Hours. That's how long I have been driving for. When we left the pack house it was still pitch dark outside but the sun was currently beginning to rise. It was a beautiful sight really, the sun rising over the mountains, and I might have actually been able to enjoy it if I wasn't afraid that Mason would find me any second now. I doubt that he was even sober enough to realize that we were gone but I was still deathly afraid that he would pull up next to me and take us back.

Surprisingly Aiden has slept for the entire ride, not even making a peep. I would probably think that he was dead if I couldn't hear his even breathing. I sighed and tightened my grip on the steering wheel. I don't know exactly where we are because I haven't been paying attention to any of the signs but I do know that we have to be at least a state or two over.

With that thought on my mind I pulled into a small motel that was up ahead. We had just entered a town a few minutes back so I assumed that it would be okay to rest for a little while because I was about to pass out. I shut the car off and slowly got out of it. My body was numb from the long ride and to make it worse my ribs were still in pain. I made my way back to Aidens door, opening it I smiled at the sight of my beautiful baby boy. He always looks so precious when he sleeps. I gently picked him up out of the car seat and into my arms, he slightly stirred but rested his little head on my shoulder.

I grabbed our two large bags before making my way into the small but cozy looking motel. At the front desk sat a older man, about late forties, reading a magazine. A bell chimed when we entered the room causing the man to snap his head up towards us. His eyes shifted between Aiden and I before they rested on my own.

"How can I help you?" The man, Tim according to his name tag, asked. I gave him a small smile before walking up to the desk.

"I need a room." I sated quietly. Tim slowly nodded his head and looked away but not before I saw him stare intently at my bruised face.

"Two beds or one?" He asked glancing at my little boy. I tightened my grip on Aiden and shifted my weight to my other foot.

"One will be fine." I answered. Tim nodded his head before reaching behind him and grabbing a small key off of a hook. He turned around and handed it to me.

"Okay, that key is to room twenty which is on the second floor, and it'll be thirty dollars for the night." Tim said with a kind smile. I nodded my head before digging around in my bag, pulling out a fifty dollar bill. I handed it to Tim and he gave me the change back.

"Have a nice day." He said as I walked away from him. Tim looked friendly but I couldn't help but to notice a glint of something in his eyes and before I left the room I took a deep breath, the scent alarmed me, it was the scent of a werewolf. After my little discovery I quickly made my way to the room, unlocking it and rushing in. I was slightly freaking out because if Tim's a werewolf then that means he belongs to a pack, a pack that shouldn't be to far away, and now that I'm technically a rogue I'm trespassing on their land.

I let out a shaky breath and laid Aiden down on the bed, he should be waking up here soon and I really hope that his stomach ache doesn't come back because I don't want to have to deal with that. I ran a hand through my hair and cringed when I felt how greasy it was, shower time it is.

I glanced at Aiden before making my way into the small bathroom that was to the right. I stopped in front of the mirror and sighed at my appearance. The bruising on my face had just gotten worse, an uglier shade of black and purple, and my eye was still slightly swollen. My waist length curly pale blonde hair was in knots and my usually bright blue eyes looked dull.

I shook my head before stripping out of my clothes and stepping into the shower, turning the water on hot I just stood there for who knows how long before washing my hair and body with the cheap items that were already in the shower. After another five minutes of standing there I shut the water off and stepped out into the cold air, shivering I snatched a towel off of the wrack and wrapped it around my small body. I stepped out into the room to see that Aiden was wide awake. When he saw me his green eyes lit up.