Chapter : 19

Carly 

As I rested my head on my large paws I let out a breath. I was exhausted after running with Xavier for so long. We had been running for about four hours, all around Xaviers large territory, before I had to stop due to exhaustion. 

Now that my energy was leaving me so was my happiness and soon enough the guilt settled in. I shouldn't be out here having fun while my son is stuck with his monster of a father, it's unacceptable.

I rose to my feet and began to walk back towards the pack house, my head hung. Xavier was quick to follow behind me, instantly noticing my mood change. His large wolf head nudged my side but I didn't look at him.

'What's wrong?' Xaviers worried voice drifted into my head. I frowned but didn't respond.

Xavier soon grew annoyed with me ignoring and as a result of that he gave me a firm nudge, causing me to fall over, before sitting his large wolf body on top of mine.

I huffed in annoyance and looked up at him with narrowed eyes.

'Now tell me what's wrong.' He demanded. I rolled my eyes at the persistent man before giving in.

'I feel guilty.' I answered. Xavier looked at me in confusion, tilting his head to the side. I clarified.

'While I'm out here having fun who knows what Aiden is going through. Mason can't control his anger, ever.' I said in a small voice.

Xavier didn't speak for a few moments.

'Carly you have the right to have some happiness. I know that Aiden is gone and that tears you apart but you can't close every body out and be depressed all of the time, it's not healthy. We are going to get Aiden back, I promise you that.'

Xaviers strong voice reassured me. I sighed and nodded. Xavier gave me a wolfy grin before running his large tongue over my face. I growled playfully at him before shoving him off of me and chasing him back to the pack house.

My clothes were right where I had left them and once my body had returned to its original form I pulled them on, walking to join Xavier on the patio.

I immediately smelt the delicious scent of Melinda's cooking as soon as we entered the kitchen and it brought a small smile to my face. I hopped onto one of the tall stools at the island, watching Melinda work her magic.

A small squeak left my lips when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist. Xavier rested his head on my shoulder, giving my waist a small squeeze.

A blush warmed my cheeks as I relaxed back into him. Melinda was looking at us with a large smile but she didn't say anything.

"Whatcha cooking mom?" Xavier questioned. Melinda smiled at her only son as she continued to chop vegetables.

"Its a surprise my boy." She told him playfully. Xavier chuckled and gave a small nod.

"Alright, if you say so." He muttered.

"Well it smells delicious." I complimented, getting a grim and a thank you in return.

I was slightly disappointed when I felt Xavier pull away from me but before I knew it he had taken hold of my waist, lifting me as if I weighed nothing, before swinging me around so that I clung to his back like a monkey.

I laughed lightly as he grasped my legs which where wrapped around his waist. Xavier began trudging towards his office, making me frown in confusion.

"Where are we going?" I questioned. Xavier climbed the stairs and turned down a hallway.

"My office. I have called a small meeting with a few people to discuss strategy, see if we can find any way around the law." Xavier answered me.