Chapter:3

*Mason's POV*

A loud groan escaped my lips as I rolled over in my bed. My head was pounding and I was in need of a glass of water. I went out drinking with my friends last night even though I knew that I probably shouldn't have. I just got so frustrated with Carly yesterday, I am her mate and alpha she is not permitted to stop me from doing anything that I please.

Once I cooled down though I realized that what I had almost done was terrible and she was just trying to protect our son, which is something that she should never have to do because I shouldn't have tried to hit him. I feel the slightest bit guilty about hurting Carly but she got what she had coming.

I stretched out my arms, feeling around for Carly, but she wasn't there. My eyes snapped open and I immediately noticed that she wasn't in the bed. I scanned my eyes around the room and my breath caught in my throat, all of Carly's things were gone. All of the her dresser drawers were open but empty and there wasn't a single thing left in the room that belonged to her.

I jumped up from my bed and ran across the hallway to see a sight that made my blood boil. Aiden's bedroom was bare of all of his belongings. Besides his crib,changing table and rocking chair there was nothing left in the room. A loud and vicious growl escaped my mouth and my hands balled up into fists. Everybody down stairs went silent once they heard my growl and a few moments later I heard footsteps nearing the room.

My mom, dad and beta Zach entered the room looking worried. They all scanned their eyes across the room and my mom let out a gasp when she realized what was going on.

"She left and she took my son with her." I growled. My jaw was clenched and my entire body was shaking. My dad snorted causing my head to snap towards him.

"It doesn't surprise me." He stated calmly. I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"And why's that?" I asked rudely. My dad let out a bitter laugh.

"Because you were no mate to her, you treated her like garbage. You refused to mark her and you only used her. But worst of all you hit her! You beat her to a pulp! I thought that we raised you better then that! I thought that we taught you right from wrong but apparently not!" He answered angrily. His voice had risen to a shout and he was looking me right in the eyes, something you should never do to an alpha.

I let out a low growl and took a step towards him.

"I am your alpha and you will not talk to me like that!" I bellowed. My fathers eyes were flashing black, his wolfs eyes.

"That may be but I am your father and it would do you good to remember who was alpha before you!" He yelled in outrage. We were only steps away from each other and I knew that if my mother hadn't of put a hand on my fathers chest and murmured soothing words into his ear that we would have attacked each other.

With one last glare my dad turned on his heals and walked out of the room, my mother right after him. Zach and I were left in a tense silence but it was broken when he let out a quiet sigh.

"Is it true?" He asked quietly. I knew exactly what he was talking about but I decided to play dumb.

"Is what true?" I questioned. Zach ran a hand through his hair and looked up to my eyes.

"Did you really beat Carly up?" He asked carefully. Zach has been my best friend since we were in diapers and I tell him everything.

"Yeah, it is true." I answered calmly. Zach frowned and for a moment I saw anger in his eyes but it was quickly replaced by a calm mask.

"Okay well we should get to work. We need to send out search parties immediately and see if we can catch her scent." He stated, in beta mood. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Call a pack meeting, I want everybody here in twenty minutes. I'm going to go talk to the two people that most probably know where she is." I ordered. Zach nodded his head before striding out of the room. I glanced around my sons room one last time before I walked out, closing the door behind me.

I headed up the stairs, to the third level of the pack house, because I knew that if anybody was aware of where she went it would be Taylor and Erik. I stopped in front of their door before banging my fists on it loudly. There was some shuffling going on in the room but after a moment the door was opened and Erik stood in front I me.

"Yes?" He asked calmly. I completely ignored him and pushed past him into the bedroom. Taylor was sitting on the bed wrapped up in a blanket and when she saw me she glared hatefully. I let out a low warning growl and she looked away.

"Where is she?" I asked once Erik had joined her on the bed. Their eyes widened and they glanced at each other for a moment, surely talking through the mind link.

"Where's who?" Taylor asked playing dumb. I let out a frustrated growl and ran my hand through my hair.

"Where's Carly. She left last night taking my son with her and I know that you know where she is." I answered with a huff.

"I don't know where she is." Taylor stated calmly and I might have believed her if it wasn't for the way her right eye twitched, indicating that she was lying.

"Where is she?" I growled in my alpha voice. They both flinched before Taylor let out an angry sigh.

"She packed all of her stuff up last night and left in your black SUV. She was heading north but I don't know where she was going, I don't even think she knew." Taylor answered angrily. I nodded my head before walking out of the door. I headed down to the meeting hall where the pack meeting would be held.

Most of the pack was already there but I waited another five minutes so that any late comers could join us. I stared out at the sea of people who where staring up at me with worried faces. I spotted my mom and dad at the front but they both had on neutral expressions.

"As most of you already know Carly Faye is my mate." I stated. The pack nodded their heads but there was a few mean words mutters by jealous pack girls.

"We'll this morning I discovered that Carly left the pack. She ran away and took our son with her." I said through clenched teeth. They all gasped and people started yelling out in anger. Aiden is the next in line to be alpha, he is the future of the entire pack and without him there is no future for the pack at all.

"I know that you are all angry and so am I and that is why I called this meeting. We are going to need five search groups, any men or women that would like to join the groups need to meet in an hour, with supplies ready, outback and we will immediately get started. We are going to find Carly and Aiden even if its the last thing I do."

...............................................................

Hey guys! So I know that this chapter is really short but I just wanted to let you see what was going on with Mason. So I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: