Chapter:32

Carly

Today was Sophia's funeral. Mike had called Xavier last night to let him know that it would be happening today, at two o'clock.

Though I had tried my hardest to talk Xavier into going he had decided that it would be far to dangerous for us to leave pack territory.

I had been upset that he wouldn't allow us to go but I quickly realized that what he was saying was true.

Everyday the threat of Mason attacking at any moment was causing stress to skyrocket in the pack. We were all worried and I knew that we had good reason to be.

Though we had been training vigorously I was still worried that we wouldn't be prepared for the attack.

Though I had wanted to Xavier told me that I wasn't allowed to participate in the fight. I was angry that he thought that I couldn't defend myself properly but a small part of me was relieved.

I wasn't sure how we were going to deal with the number of deaths that I know there will be. It's inevitable.

I had been practically smothering Aiden twenty four seven, my worry for him worse then any other. I wouldn't be able to deal with losing Aiden again and it was my worst fear.

I watched Aiden out the back window as my mind wandered. He seemed to have made some new friends and it was utterly adorable to watch him run around with the other small children.

I smiled adoringly as I watched Aiden follow around a young, blonde girl, seeming as if everything she did enchanted him.

"It seems like somebody has a crush." A voice spoke from behind me, causing me to jump.

I whirled around and slightly glared at the person, Collin.

"You scared me half to death." I accused as I turned back to watch my son, crossing my arms over my chest.

Collin stood besides me and for a few moments we stood in silence, watching the children.

"I wanted to apologize." Collin suddenly spoke up. My left eyebrow shot up as I turned to look at him, leaning against the counter behind me.

"For what?" I questioned. I couldn't think of something that Collin had done to me that would require apologizing.

Collin awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck and looked out the window.

"I wasn't the most welcoming of people when you first got here, I actually wasn't the most welcoming of people ever, and I just wanted to apologize if I ever made you feel like you didn't belong here, because I realize now that you definitely do."

Collins apology brought a smile to my face and I gave him a friendly hug after.

"Thank you, I really appreciate that." I told him honestly, smiling. Collin smiled back and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah well it has been on my mind a lot lately so I just figured, you know?" He shrugged. I nodded and bit my lip.

"Why did you dislike me so much, at first?" I questioned out of the blue.

Collin pursed his lips and stared out the window once again.

"I don't know, I just wasn't sure what your intentions were. I could immediately see that Xavier was interested in you and I just didn't want him to get hurt. I've known him my whole life and after seeing what happened to him with Sophia I was just cautious of you."

I respected Collin for being honest with me and I was glad to finally know what had made him dislike me so much at the beginning.

His dislike for me had been confusing, to say the least. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.