Chapter:9

*Mason's POV*

My large desk sat in front of me, cluttered with papers, pens and other random objects. I sighed loudly before picking up the financial papers I had been working on, straightening them out and placing them into a file. I leaned back in my chair, relaxing my muscles, just as the door was thrown open.

My eyes narrowed at Zach and I held in the growl that wanted to escape. My beta strode into the room and slumped down into one of the chairs that sat in front of my desk.

"Have you ever heard of knocking?" I asked snappily. Zach rolled his eyes at me before leaning forward in his chair and placing his folded hands on my desk.

"I have news." He said simply. I instantly perked up because I knew that he was talking about Carly and my son and by the look on his face I knew that he had good news.

"What is it? What did you find?" I questioned. Zach chuckled at my eagerness before beginning.

"When Carly left she took your SUV with her so I looked into that. I called around and then reported the car stolen. Get this, it showed up in a car dump two states over." Zach finished with a raised eyebrow.

I slowly leaned back in my car, a menacing smile making its way onto my lips.

"Well I think that we have a road trip to go on."

......

*Carly's POV*

"Are you sure that its okay Melinda?" I asked the older woman worriedly. Melinda chuckled and nodded her head.

"It's fine Carly, I would be more then happy to look after Aiden while you go to school." Melinda reassured me. I bit my lip and slowly nodded my head.

I knew that I was going to have to start going to school again eventually and when I brought the subject up with Xavier he told me that he would get me enrolled right away. I had also asked him about what to do with Aiden and he has told me to ask his mom.

I was hesitant to ask Melinda such a question but eventually I sucked it up and just asked her. She had already said yes but I was still a bit weary, I mean I'm asking her to watch my son while I go to school with no pay at all.

"Thank you Melinda. I'm so grateful." I finally spoke. The kind woman smiled at me before pulling me in for a hug. I slightly laughed before wrapping my arms around her and returning the hug. As Melinda and I pulled apart I suddenly felt small hands gripping my left leg. I looked down and smiled when I saw Aiden staring up at me.

"Mommy!" He called, raising his arms up in a gesture for me to lift him. I chuckled before bending down and scooping him up off the ground, securing him on my hip.

"Hey little guy, whatcha doing?" I questioned. Aiden smiled largely before reaching up to touch my cheek.

"Nothin mommy." He answered. Sometimes I found it strange talking to Aiden because though he sounds his age he doesn't talk his age. Aidens vocabulary is much bigger then a normal two year olds due to the fact that he is a werewolf and that his father is an alpha. So though he sounds like a two year old he speaks at a much higher level.

I hadn't noticed but Melinda had walked off somewhere in the time that I had spent talking to Aiden. I frowned before shaking it off and walking towards the front room, where I heard noise coming from. When I entered the room I saw that Gracie Faith were both lounging on the couch, watching tv.

Gracie's eyes lit up when she saw Aiden and I before she jumped up from the couch and ran towards us.

"Hey you guys! It feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" Gracie exclaimed after giving me a quick hug. I laughed before walking to the couch and taking a seat.

"Gracie I saw you yesterday." I said with another laugh. The bubbly girl frowned before turning to me with a smirk.

"Speaking of yesterday, what exactly happened between you and my brother?" Gracie questioned, wiggling her eyebrows at me. I felt heat rush to my face and I most probably resembled a tomato right now.

I noticed that Faith sat up and leaned towards us, looking curious. I sighed before biting my lip and running a hand through my blond hair. Aiden was entertaining himself with the buttons on my shirt and I knew that he wasn't listening to our conversation.

"Nothing like that happened you perv." I spoke, looking at Gracie. I hadn't seen much of Xavier since yesterday when we woke up together and I was staring to think that he was ignoring me.

Gracie raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"Yeah right. Nothing happened." She said sarcastically. I frowned.

"I'm being serious, nothing happened!" I exclaimed. Gracie still didn't look like she believed me and Faith was raising her eyebrows at me.

"Seriously? Nothing happened? That's a shame. Xavier is one fine piece of alpha." Faith spoke, smirking.

"Eww! That's my brother!" Gracie shouted. Me and Faith cracked up laughing Gracie was pouring but she eventually began to laugh along with us.

A few seconds later four more people walked into the room, staring at us like we were crazy. Xavier, Collin, Noah and Seth were all raising their eyebrows at us.

"What about me?" Xavier questioned, obviously having heard Gracie's last comment. This, of course, only made us laugh harder.

As soon as Aiden spotted Xavier he began to wiggle around and when I pulled my arms away from him he climbed off my lap and ran to him.

"Xav!" Aiden yelled as he ran towards our alpha. I don't know when the nickname had formed but that was now what Aiden called Xavier.

Xavier looked down and smiled when he saw my son wobbling towards him. He bent down and caught Aiden just as he threw himself at him. I chuckled and shook my head at the two.

"Hey buddy." Xavier spoke to Aiden once he was settled in his arms. I couldn't help but to watch as the two interacted, Xavier really would be a good dad some day.

I had just went to turn away from the two when Xavier shifted his eyes and connected them with my own. A small smile appeared on his face as we stared at each other and for some reason I felt a blush rising to my cheeks. I quickly looked away, not wanting to embarrass myself father.

The guys eventually all took seats around the living room. Collin sat down and cuddled up with Gracie, Seth and Noah took the smaller couch while Xavier plopped himself down right next to me.

A silence hung in the air for a few moments before Collin turned to me.

"So Carly, are you excited to start at our school?" He questioned kindly, I was a bit surprised seeing as he doesn't usually talk to me. You see all of my friends go to the same school, the one that I'm starting at, Collin, Seth, Noah and Xavier are all seniors while Gracie, Faith and myself are juniors.

I smiled at him and slowly nodded my head.

"Yeah I'm actually really excited." I answered. And that was the truth. Not only was I excited to be staring a new school but I was excited to be in a new place, to be meeting new friends.

All in all I'm just excited to be starting a new life.

..............................................................................................................................

Hey guys! Im sorry that it took me so long to update and I'm also sorry if this is short but I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: