Chapter : 24

Carly

"Luna." The men in the room chorused as I entered Xaviers office. I gave them all a small smile before taking my seat next to Xavier.

It seemed that these days I was spending more and more time in Xaviers office. Now that I have officially been named Luna Xavier has been including me in almost all pack affairs. Though managing the pack with Xavier was a huge responsibility, it is one that I enjoy having.

I scanned my eyes around the room and took in all of the familiar faces. Like usual, Collin, Seth and Noah were present along with five of the packs top warriors. At least twice a week we all have been having meetings in the office, discussing a very important matter, getting Aiden back.

Xavier has made it our top priority and for the last two weeks most of our time has been spent planning. It has been interesting for me to watch this all come together. Xavier has included me in every single step along the way. Making sure that I'm alright with everything that is going to happen.

I don't have many objections though. My wolf and I have been so anxious and all we want is to storm onto Masons territory and take back our pup. There is one thing that Xavier won't let me do though, and that's come with him and the others to rescue Aiden.

When I first brought it up he had firmly knocked the idea down, claiming that if would be far to dangerous for me to come along with them now that I'm Luna. I had argued with him for what felt like hours but in the end Xavier made it clear to me that he wasn't going to change his mind.

"Is there any new information on Aidens location?" Xavier asked the head warrior, Adrian, firmly.

Masons pack, the Blood Bound pack, has three different pack houses, due to the large amount of pack members, and though Xavier has trackers sneaking around in the territory nobody can seem to figure out what house Aiden is being held at.

"No Alpha. We've sent our best trackers in but nobody can seem to catch his scent." Adrian reported, looking frustrated. Xavier growled and ran a large hand through his hair. I pursed my lips before interlocking my fingers with his, rubbing my thumb up and down his fingers.

"You know if you sent me in this wouldn't be a problem, I could pick up Aidens sent this fast." I spoke out, snapping my fingers. Xaviers head snapped towards me and he growled lowly.

"We already discussed this Carly, your not going in." Xavier growled out.

Masons territory is only a three hour run, in wolf form, from our territory and Xavier has been sending in our best trackers to try to locate Aiden. The problem is that none of them can stay in the territory long enough to locate him.

Though he hasn't caught one of our members yet, Mason must know that it's our pack that has been trespassing on his land and because of that he has doubled his border patrol.

"Why not? I don't even need to be in there for more then five minutes. As soon as I catch his scent I'll run straight out of the territory." I pleaded. Xaviers expression was still hard and as he opened his mouth, most probably to say no, I interrupted him.

"Xavier please." I whispered, staring into his icy eyes. His expression softened before he sighed heavily, dropping his head back in defeat.

"Fine. But you will have a team of ten men with you when you go in and I'll be waiting for you just outside the border. And I swear Carly, if your in there for more then five minutes I'm coming in after you." Xavier finally gave in.

I sighed happily and squeezed Xaviers hand in my own. I knew that it was killing him, agreeing to let me do this, but he knows that it's the only way that we are going to be able to locate Aiden.

"We leave in an hour." Xavier spoke to the men in the room. They all nodded and with an 'Alpha, Luna.' They left the room.

I turned to Xavier and saw that he was staring angrily at the wall. I sighed before standing from my chair and slowly crawling in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and placing my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry." I muttered through his shirt. I felt him sigh before his fingers were under my chin, lifting my head to meet his eyes.

"You did nothing wrong, love. I just can't stand the thought of losing you." His voice was low, causing shivers to rack my body.

"I know you can't but nothing's going to happen to me." I soothed him, running my hand through his messy hair. He relaxed against my touch, hugging me to him.

"I hope not." Xavier whispered.

..

Xaviers large wolf ran slightly ahead of mine and though we had been running for three hours I wasn't winded at all. The small group of pack members behind us were right on our tails and I could practically see the tension in the air as we got closer and closer to Masons territory.

The sound of paws hitting the ground was all I could hear, along with the sound of my pack members beating hearts. I turned my head towards Xavier and saw that he looked incredibly tense, causing me to frown.

I fastened my pace slightly to catch up with him and gently rubbed myself against him. His large wolf head snapped down and took me in. I could see the worry in his eyes, worry that only increases as soon as we stop a good mile away from Masons territory.

'If anything happens to her I will have your heads.' Xavier growled at the warriors, through the pack link. The ten men bowed their large wolf heads in respect.

' Nothing will happen to her on my watch alpha.' Adrian swore.

Xavier nodded and turned to me. He lowered his head and ran his wet tongue all along my face, making me cringe, before rubbing his body against mine affectionately.

'Ill see you in five minutes.' Xavier whispered through our mate link before nudging me forward.

The ten men made a circle around me as we ran towards the territory. I could feel Xaviers eyes on me but I didn't turn around.

The moment we passed into Masons territory an uncomfortable feign worked it's way into my chest. I ignored it and pushed on. We were running for about five minutes before I caught his scent.

I stopped in my tracks, causing the warriors to skid to a stop around me, and stuck my nose into the air. I greedily took in my pups scent and my wolf purred happily. After a few seconds I came to the conclusion that Aiden was in the northern pack house.

The warriors began to push me back the way we had come and I growled at them angrily but followed anyways. It took every ounce of will power that I had to keep myself from turning around and going back for my son.

The run back to Xavier was quick and before I knew it I was pushed under a large wolf body. My body relaxed but the sadness didn't disappear. Xavier, feeling this, whined softly and nuzzled my face.

I sighed sadly and let him comfort me, wanting nothing more then to have my son in my arms.

..............................................................................................................................................

Hey guys. Sorry it took so long but here it is. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

- Katelynn (: